Book today or Tomorrow

Ought To Be Cruising

8 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

Believe that you may be able to upgrade if your new payment is at least a $1 more. So may be able to get an upgrade with more perks for minimal upcharge.

Thank you! Unable to upgrade, as we are in accessible AQ and next class up (Suite) is not available and a lot pricier. But I may ask about the extra perks. Can't hurt to ask.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Really good point.   Wasn't sure about Canada.    I read often of UK and Australian bookings not being able to to do the same.  

Wonder if Mexico and Central American are the same as the U.S. and then we could say North American Bookings. 

Yes in Mexico we can reprice before final payment, and our final payment is 75 days before sailing instead of 90. I have had the benefit of saving and upgrading on several cruises

Edited by gerelmx
  • Thanks 1

I consider myself fortunate to have walked through a test booking of the cabin next to ours earlier this week and discovered a treasure.  When we booked our August 2021 cruisetour, the deal at the time got us prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC as perks.  We had figured we'd put the OBC towards the Premium drink packages that we always get when we cruise.  Well, when I walked through the test booking the other day, I discovered I could get all four perks with the sale of the moment (prepaid gratuities, wi-fi, $300 OBC and our Premium drink packages) for just $100 more than our original booking.  Woo-hoo!  The wi-fi, which we've never had before anyhow, is just gravy.  The really odd thing the other day was that I originally did my test booking with three perks and it came out to a $100 increase as well, and the drink package offered on the three perks option was Classic.  I figured, "What the heck, let's see how much more it is" and clicked on the four perks tab and was very surprised to see the same price AND the Premium drink package instead of Classic.  Go figure.

After reading this thread, I did the same.  I booked on Sunday with the 4 perks then checked today...  I lost the wifi and went down to the classic pkg but saved 450 bucks.  And that's in only 2 days...

• Thanks 1

Just wondering if you all are comparing apples to apples with these better deals coming up ?
When I make mock bookings online now I only see non refundable deposit rates which are cheaper than my refundable deposit booking, but I can not see the new refundable rates😖

3 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Just wondering if you all are comparing apples to apples with these better deals coming up ?
When I make mock bookings online now I only see non refundable deposit rates which are cheaper than my refundable deposit booking, but I can not see the new refundable rates😖

I have not had any issues with seeing RD rates, on the U.S. website.

bon voyage

On 1/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, cruisestitch said:

It isn’t so easy, and sometimes is impossible, for passengers in other countries to upgrade or cancel and rebook.

I am in Canada and my booking is in Cdn dollars... I have re-fared my booking 4 times.  Never had any problems.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, New Mexico 8 said:

On Celebrity a new promotion starts tomorrow.  I can't decide to wait and see if it is a better deal. Does anyone have an insight of the new promotions??

We booked a Solstice Sky Suite for Dec 2021 (NRD) under the old promotion earlier this month while on board Solstice.  I checked pricing on Jan 21 and the NRD with 4 perks pricing dropped $1000.  Today the price went back up $1000.....

Edited by mahdnc

One thing to keep in mind... sometimes when doing mock bookings and finding a better deal at different times.... you might inadvertently signing up for a non-refundable fare. I seem to recall seeing another thread discussing seeing better deals when adding perks... only to find out later that people were surprised to see the better deal was now non refundable.

I like to track prices and have found that sometimes when there is a deal like $400 off... that the gross price is higher than the price when I booked earlier on what appeared to be a less attractive deal.  I like to pick a few itineraries and then track prices over time during different deals... I usually pick one or two cabin classes... so that I am comparing apples to apples. 

Last cruise we did book onboard to take advantage of the lower deposit and added OBC... later took advantage of a sale... felt pretty good about getting 4 perks for a total cost that was less than the price I booked onboard... so that made me feel good. However, when I compared the price of the cruise to what I usually have paid for similar type trip... the total price was significantly higher. However, usually we do not get perks... except perhaps gratuities... a sunk cost. Our typical bar tab is less than $400 for a 10 day cruise... and we only use the Elite internet to check email... So really... not worth paying extra for 4 perks... but we will see how we like a more all inclusive feel. I have noted on other threads that my big concern is that I might like the extras a bit too much to go back to economy travel 🙂  Kinda like when we made the switch from inside cabin to veranda... hard to go back even if you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin.

i am not happy. people that didnt know about the price increase snagged 2 of the 3 good rooms left for my cruise. why oh why would anyone want to pay more for less lol

with what i assume was non refundable, the left side of the screen. 4 perks were 5275. now if you chooose the right side and all 4 perks its 6900. as final payment is a month away thats a killer amount to pay for refundability

edit: so if i book now at 3 perks non refundable...then in a week we get the old deal back with 4 perks for the same price. can i cancel and rebook since final payment is a month away? since the deposit is non refundable wouldnt i lose that?

Edited by luckyinpa

The 4 Perk promo will in fact be back Jan 30 when the current "double savings" promo ends.  If you have a NR deposit and are in US/Canada you are free to reprice with no penalty if you are before final payment.   The $100 pp fee is charged if you change sailing date or ship.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:38 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Here is what was posted awhile back regarding "extra" promos being run over Wave Season.  It has been 100% accurate so far. 

CEL_2020_ItsAllIncluded_DoubleSavings.pdf 1.47 MB · 286 downloads

i hope this continues. my TA said he doesnt have this info. is it possible he really doesnt. its a pretty big place. sadly though 3 cabins i wanted all a sudden disappeared so i cannot go on my trip. sad

I am so happy I called to reprice! 10 day Constellation Med cruise price dropped $800 by repricing to 3 perks instead of all 4. I’ll pay the $99 or so for Surf Internet with Select discount, so I am happy with a net savings of $700.

Edited by CruiserMickey

On 1/26/2020 at 2:06 AM, wrk2cruise said:

The 4 Perk promo will in fact be back Jan 30 when the current "double savings" promo ends.  If you have a NR deposit and are in US/Canada you are free to reprice with no penalty if you are before final payment.   The $100 pp fee is charged if you change sailing date or ship.

And the double savings/4 perks promos continue to shift bi-weekly in February as well:

Hero_Img_Update.thumb.jpg.daf0dd6deb0b40f52caded154b579495.jpg

• Like 1