Book today or Tomorrow

Ought To Be Cruising

15 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

The 4 perk is back. Surprise!!!

jacked up prices did not go down to pre sale pricing. matter of fact sky suite up 500 PP. vernada up 100 to 200. still better than the 4 perk sale of yesterday but literally all veranda are gone for my trip. so sad

8 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

jacked up prices did not go down to pre sale pricing. matter of fact sky suite up 500 PP. vernada up 100 to 200. still better than the 4 perk sale of yesterday but literally all veranda are gone for my trip. so sad

I think you are seeing the end of the double savings promo where the prices are returning to the single "savings" rate.  It's replaced by 4 perks for the price of 3 promo today for the next 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think you are seeing the end of the double savings promo where the prices are returning to the single "savings" rate.  It's replaced by 4 perks for the price of 3 promo today for the next 2 weeks.

well i hope they stop that promo...a week ago it was 5295 all perks. today 5795. the sales kill me

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Exactly. I have been eyeing four or five different sailings in SKy Suites and everyone of them is up $1000 for two. The “4 perks” sale is useless for suites since they are included anyway. The “double savings” promo was more beneficial. 

I’ll be waiting to book anything. Current prices for what I am looking at are over $400 pppd. 

mac_tlc

On 1/23/2020 at 11:32 AM, GRBlizz said:

So I (apparently unwisely) booked and made final payment on a cruise 80 days out two days ago. Now same cabin class is $400pp less, plus more perks. Nothing they will do, right?

Just to follow up, the cabin price is back up to what I paid (and they couldn't refund that after final payment anyway) but the 4 perk offer was not available when I booked but is now. So, I called and they let me upgrade to the 4 perks. Overall a good deal for the $200pp to get internet and OBC as well as drinks. I had chosen tips as my one perk. Thanks to those who encouraged me to call.

my TA told me this really is/was one of the best sales. i wasnt ready a week ago when it was cheaper so the net is im paying 200 more for one less perk than last week. however as i have a month till final he told me if things change he can change my deal. maybe ill get lucky and overnight pricing will go down 🙂

oh how i

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

well i hope they stop that promo...a week ago it was 5295 all perks. today 5795. the sales kill me

im very glad i posted this. now the price 5475 all perks. i hope my TA gets the price drop too. check prices often is definitely a must!

41 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

my TA told me this really is/was one of the best sales. i wasnt ready a week ago when it was cheaper so the net is im paying 200 more for one less perk than last week. however as i have a month till final he told me if things change he can change my deal. maybe ill get lucky and overnight pricing will go down 🙂

You only have to wait until Feb 6th until the “double savings” comes back, which is the special that was in effect yesterday. 

mac_tlc

418BD142-71F5-40B8-8F98-0C1332E184DC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Two weeks ago, with the 4 perk promo, I booked a 2021 TA on the Reflection in an OV cabin for a little over $4300.00. Now it's $5400.00. Ridiculous.

check again 🙂 my trip just went down 300 on the X site since 8 am. basically i'm getting 4th perk now instead of 3rd from my TA

My trip for refundable 9 night Alaska cruise has been bouncing between $4900 and $5500 with 4 perks for the last month. NR between $4500-$4900.  Then one sale had 3 perks for $4100 non refundable.  Still got the Best deal with TA $3700 with 3 perks plus their $300(so 4 perks)  and its Refundable. I feel bad for people that just happen to book a cruise one day and never look back.  

Frankly, I am finding the constant fluctuations in pricing and promotions have become quite tiring and probably unnecessary. It's usually just a repackaging of the same thing, flip-flop from one promotion to the other. This likely is driving a lot of calls to their call centres which in turn drives up costs.

Wish they would hold pricing, sprinkling in the odd, TRUE promotion every so often.

• Like 2

some online TAs still list just 1 perk for the sale so yes you really gotta pay attention.  im pretty happy at what i will be booking. i had 3 cruises in the running for this summer. 

the math guy in me made up a comparison and the 7 day carnival pride bermuda trip (you gotta pay for the extras) is actually 100 per day more than the summit bermuda cruise solely because of the 4 perks X has now. 586 vs 475 a day on X . plus i get 3 more days on my trip but you cannot put a price on that. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

Frankly, I am finding the constant fluctuations in pricing and promotions have become quite tiring and probably unnecessary. It's usually just a repackaging of the same thing, flip-flop from one promotion to the other. This likely is driving a lot of calls to their call centres which in turn drives up costs.

Wish they would hold pricing, sprinkling in the odd, TRUE promotion every so often.

Then you won't be happy about this trend (I am sure it will copied by the cruise industry some day): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/business/cheap-airfare.html

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1