Questions about adjoining cabins on the regal princess

Loritd

We are looking into taking our daughter, son-in-law and 9yr old and 6yr old grandkids to Alaska.  We are looking at adjoining deluxe balcony cabins forward on the Marina deck.  Where is the door connecting the cabins? Do they fold up the sofa in the mornings or do we have to climb over it the whole cruise (like we did on carnival)? Can we get old fashioned key cards so we have access to both cabins and still use medallions? I appreciate any help with my questions. Lori

37 minutes ago, Loritd said:

We are looking into taking our daughter, son-in-law and 9yr old and 6yr old grandkids to Alaska.  We are looking at adjoining deluxe balcony cabins forward on the Marina deck.  Where is the door connecting the cabins? Across from the bath area door by the entrance.

Do they fold up the sofa in the mornings or do we have to climb over it the whole cruise (like we did on carnival)? The cabin steward should fold up the sofa bed each morning after the cabin is vacated, providing of course that stuff isn't scatter all over it as is the practice of some youths. The sofa bed is a single bed in the cabins you mention.

Can we get old fashioned key cards so we have access to both cabins and still use medallions? Yes if you want them, but believe you can have medallions do the same as the cruise card.

I appreciate any help with my questions. Lori

Special Notes:
DELUXE BALCONY CONNECTS WITH M129 DOOR BLOCKED WHEN UPPER OR SOFA IN USE

In reference to this note the door that is blocked is the balcony door not the access door between the cabins.

Thank you for responding so quickly. We are planning to have one kid in our room and one kid in theirs. Upper berths are a pain for both the one sleeping in them and the one who always hits their head on them.  

3 hours ago, Loritd said:

We are looking into taking our daughter, son-in-law and 9yr old and 6yr old grandkids to Alaska.  We are looking at adjoining deluxe balcony cabins forward on the Marina deck.  Where is the door connecting the cabins? Do they fold up the sofa in the mornings or do we have to climb over it the whole cruise (like we did on carnival)? Can we get old fashioned key cards so we have access to both cabins and still use medallions? I appreciate any help with my questions. Lori

Ask your steward to roll up the pull out couch when he makes it up.  You can then pull out the made up bed at bedtime.

I was in a connecting balcony on the Royal but should be similar for the Regal. The connecting door was opposite the closet. Went to guest services at the beginning of the cruise and they were able add access to the second room on each medallion. No need for a card. One medallion opened two rooms.