Can Diamond member bring in traveling companion

VonRyan

Just now, VonRyan said:

Thank you. I did not know that... not to get greedy, but how about my adult son? lol okay I’m getting greedy!

Children that are 18 and over cannot be linked.

FYI. Just spoke with C&A Rep....was told I can bring up to 2 750ml bottles of wine and 12 500 ml of water (per stateroom)  on board for cabin consumption only.  Is this in line with what you’ve been told. 

3 minutes ago, VonRyan said:

FYI. Just spoke with C&A Rep....was told I can bring up to 2 750ml bottles of wine and 12 500 ml of water (per stateroom)  on board for cabin consumption only.  Is this in line with what you’ve been told. 

Yes.  We've brought 2 bottles of wine on several cruises.  No water, but others have done it.  And, it's not really cabin consumption only.  You can pour a glass and take it anywhere onboard.  Just ask for glasses at the bar or from your cabin steward.

Edited by BND

3 minutes ago, VonRyan said:

Yes, that is the current policy.  Must be carried on, not checked.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, that is the current policy.  Must be carried on, not checked.

Having observed what goes on in the Naughty Room, if they have you open your luggage looking for booze and find wine, they let you go.  That was the case on a couple of recent sailings.  Maybe it varies from ship to ship.  🍷

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I tried to link my partner to my account a few days ago and the C&A call centre said they no longer do that.

They said she is more than welcome to join me at any C&A function and join me in the diamond lounge.

This makes no sense.  Being a cabinmate confers no C&A perks.  Also, if you and your partner have the same residence address and you declare your partner your significant other, they should link you together. 

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I tried to link my partner to my account a few days ago and the C&A call centre said they no longer do that.

They said she is more than welcome to join me at any C&A function and join me in the diamond lounge.

On the Harmony they were very diligent in checking every night everyone’s cards as they entered the Diamond Lounge.  Those that could not be linked which would give them Diamond or above on their card were denied entry.  

A few were unhappy about it but they were not allowed in.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

This makes no sense.  Being a cabinmate confers no C&A perks.  Also, if you and your partner have the same residence address and you declare your partner your significant other, they should link you together. 

I said my wife,lives at the same address.

The number was the Australian C&A but it sounded like a Filipino call centre.

I asked her to check with the supervisor and that’s the answer.

1 minute ago, GTO-Girl said:

On the Harmony they were very diligent in checking every night everyone’s cards as they entered the Diamond Lounge.  Those that could not be linked which would give them Diamond or above on their card were denied entry.  

A few were unhappy about it but they were not allowed in.

That’s what I worried about.

The concierge probably has a different idea.

They clearly said 3 times she can come with me,

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I said my wife,lives at the same address.

The number was the Australian C&A but it sounded like a Filipino call centre.

I asked her to check with the supervisor and that’s the answer.

Is there no local C&A support in your area?  Can you call a US 800 number?

Another option is to try crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Linking significant others is a very common practice.  I'm thinking you reached some people with inadequate knowledge.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

That’s what I worried about.

The concierge probably has a different idea.

They clearly said 3 times she can come with me,

If her card doesn’t list her as Diamond I would go to a Guest Services upon boarding and have them upgrade her card to reflect Diamond.  Since you are married and live at the same address it should not be a problem....

4 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

If her card doesn’t list her as Diamond I would go to a Guest Services upon boarding and have them upgrade her card to reflect Diamond.  Since you are married and live at the same address it should not be a problem....

Possibly the Loyalty Ambassador could take care of that, but I don't think Guest Services would do anything about a C&A level.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Is there no local C&A support in your area?  Can you call a US 800 number?

Another option is to try crownandanchor@rccl.com.

Linking significant others is a very common practice.  I'm thinking you reached some people with inadequate knowledge.

I’ll give a email ago bob at least I can print a reply.

we are on Ovation in 4 weeks and I’ve had run ins with the concierges ,very strict 

28 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I don’t know because a friend tried with the LA a few weeks ago and said they only link under 18

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know because a friend tried with the LA a few weeks ago and said they only link under 18

The "under 18" restriction applies to lnking children, not significant others.  There can be mulitple children linked, but only one signficant other.

15 hours ago, VonRyan said:

BTW, the 12 x 500ML doesn't just apply to water, but to any non-alcoholic beverage.