Diamond Drink list enhancement 🍹

John&LaLa

With all the complaining about MJ losing the Diamond event, CL's being eliminated in favor of SL's, D+ being booted from the remaing CL's on some sailings, and the ongoing rumors that Diamonds will eventually be banned from the DL, I thought I'd share a recent enhancement. 

I brought this up as a rumor on my Live Oasis thread, got confirmation from 'the' top cruiser, and I have now verified that its policy.

Sometime in the last two weeks, Michael Bayley sent an email fleetwide adding frozen virgin drinks to the list of Diamond Voucher drinks.

I asked Leonardo Gama,  the Diamond Concierge on Mariner, if he knew about it this morning. He confirmed it and said they are waiting for an announcement from Molly before they list it on the published drink list. However, the bar staff are aware, and I shouldn't have an issue.

Went to Boleros tonight, asked a bartender if I could get a virgin daiquiri,  and he said yes.  He also offered to include alcohol for a 2nd voucher swipe.

It was tasty. This should be fleetwide now.

20200122_192837.thumb.jpg.64761117719988ec93dccc7a708bb13f.jpg

You're welcome.😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sometime in the last two weeks, Michael Bayley sent an email fleetwide adding frozen virgin drinks to the list of Diamond Voucher drinks.

So, how many cynics say this was done to get folks out of the DL, since on most ships this drink can't be made there? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, how many cynics say this was done to get folks out of the DL, since on most ships this drink can't be made there? 

I do, however, on Mariner our SL drinks come from the VCL which has a blender😉

May try that tomorrow 😁

From the backstory I heard, it may have started to satisfy a Pinnacle. 

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Etoh?

Mine above had a shot of rum.

ETOH is alcohol. Will check it out on Allure this Sunday.  Although they already sent us letters saying that there were so many top tier that Blaze will be used for over flow, and a complimentary specialty coffee will be added to the card each day... Love that.

29 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

ETOH is alcohol. Will check it out on Allure this Sunday.  Although they already sent us letters saying that there were so many top tier that Blaze will be used for over flow, and a complimentary specialty coffee will be added to the card each day... Love that.

When first made Diamond 20+ yrs ago at most 6-10 Top Tier. It's become very successful program. Yes we lost some benefits over the yrs, but I cant complain the thousands I save every yr with the Balcony, SOLO over 340 points and multiple Military Discounts I've scored last couple yrs... Overflow more common. About 3 out of every 5 Cruises have it. Last Cruises had 2 additional Lounges for overflow and Continental Breakfast.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

When first made Diamond 20+ yrs ago at most 6-10 Top Tier. It's become very successful program. Yes we lost some benefits over the yrs, but I cant complain the thousands I save every yr with the Balcony, SOLO over 340 points and multiple Military Discounts I've scored last couple yrs... Overflow more common. About 3 out of every 5 Cruises have it. Last Cruises had 2 additional Lounges for overflow and Continental Breakfast.

I couldn’t care less about the lounges. I like that the specialty coffee is loaded on the card.

Thanks for the update.

Wonder how many will carry straight rum, vodka etc drinks out of the lounge to add to the one swipe virgin frozen drink so that they don’t have use 2 swipes.   Then, I can imagine the rule will change back to enforcement of no drinks allowed to be carried out of the lounges. 

Even though I rarely drink frozen drinks, I like the idea of the enhancement. I think many won’t like to basically get just one drink because they have to use 2 of the 3 swipes. 

hope it works out. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

With all the complaining about MJ losing the Diamond event, CL's being eliminated in favor of SL's, D+ being booted from the remaing CL's on some sailings, and the ongoing rumors that Diamonds will eventually be banned from the DL, I thought I'd share a recent enhancement. 

I brought this up as a rumor on my Live Oasis thread, got confirmation from 'the' top cruiser, and I have now verified that its policy.

I asked Leonardo Gama,  the Diamond Concierge on Mariner, if he knew about it this morning. He confirmed it and said they are waiting for an announcement from Molly before they list it on the published drink list. However, the bar staff are aware, and I shouldn't have an issue.

Went to Boleros tonight, asked a bartender if I could get a virgin daiquiri,  and he said yes.  He also offered to include alcohol for a 2nd voucher swipe.

It was tasty. This should be fleetwide now.

20200122_192837.thumb.jpg.64761117719988ec93dccc7a708bb13f.jpg

You're welcome.😉

John could you please ask .

if they will include 

Pina Coladas ?

Many thanks.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If they were concerned with getting folks out of the DL you would think that they would not have started to allow people to use the vouchers in the MDR

Edited by molly361

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Wonder how many will carry straight rum, vodka etc drinks out of the lounge to add to the one swipe virgin frozen drink so that they don’t have use 2 swipes.

That may have been another motivating factor - have folks use up their swipes faster because most want the convenience of putting in the booze when the drink is made. This will be like the coffee card - you don't know how many swipes the drink will cost you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

John could you please ask .

if they will include 

Pina Coladas ?

Many thanks.

Graham.

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

I wonder if virgin mudslide will be included?  That’s my drink of choice.

I don't see a problem, I originally just asked for frozen.

• Thanks 1