Diamond Drink list enhancement 🍹

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, bearette said:

My kids have gotten soda and water before as Diamond, in the lounge and I am 90% sure I got them a bottle of water with the swipe too.

Yep, never had a problem with the kids getting free soda or water in the lounge but they don’t get any vouchers loaded on their cards for use elsewhere on the ship during happy hour. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

He also promised that they would fix the Cruise Compass.

I cannot begin to imagine that because Michael Bayley "promised" something, you believe that it must happen.

No, I'm just trying to describe what the memo says to jog the memories of those who say they haven't received it. 😉

I believe it has happened because key people tell me it has😎

Did you not read my 1st post🤔

Change is painful

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

John - thanks for starting this topic / sharing what you found. Now I need people sailing on the Harmony the next 2 months to get the staff up to speed before we sail on her in April. 

I'll take care of it Feb 2

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Tell the SLC you read it on CC and it was posted by John. 😀

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That should work😎

Nope, that didn't work! Rahul just told me he checked it out and they have received nothing in this regard on Symphony. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:27 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Interesting.  They certainly haven't gotten the memo on the Anthem.  😉 

You are on Anthem? I am looking over at you from Adventure's solarium. We are the ship ahead of you off your port side.

...and I would just add... the new Compass format sucks

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Hmm.... maybe that's why the RCI app, even with its issues, seemed like a tolerable substitute.

The app definitely is convenient but, unfortunately, unreliable. For example, tonight's production show is still not loaded into the app yet at 12:45 PM but it is listed in the Compass. If someone were soley relying on the app they would have no indication of a show tonight. Also, there have been a couple of instances where the location of an activity was listed differently between the Compass and the app. The Compass has been correct not the app.

The app has been very good for tracking my on board account.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The app definitely is convenient but, unfortunately, unreliable. ...

I was told by one of the entertainment people onboard that the Compass and App use two disconnected systems for the ship'sentertainment  schedule, so they are bound to get out of sync.  Until they change the process so they are both using the same database, they are going to be different at times. 

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

Nope, that didn't work! Rahul just told me he checked it out and they have received nothing in this regard on Symphony. 

Bummer. I'm guessing ship management is sitting on it. 

Funny thing is MB brought it up on Symphony 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The app definitely is convenient but, unfortunately, unreliable. For example, tonight's production show is still not loaded into the app yet at 12:45 PM but it is listed in the Compass. If someone were soley relying on the app they would have no indication of a show tonight. Also, there have been a couple of instances where the location of an activity was listed differently between the Compass and the app. The Compass has been correct not the app.

Shows on Adventure aren't App worthy😉

Just kidding. Can't stop the rock was ok

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Shows on Adventure aren't App worthy😉

Just kidding. Can't stop the rock was ok

One could make the argument that the shows are not worthy, period. However, an electronic app should be more up to date and have info sooner than something that has to go to print. The whole point is to be able to plan. Can't plan when the info is not there. And the app will never cut down on the amount of paper being comsumed as long as folks have a sense of unreliability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The app definitely is convenient but, unfortunately, unreliable. For example, tonight's production show is still not loaded into the app yet at 12:45 PM but it is listed in the Compass. If someone were solely relying on the app they would have no indication of a show tonight. Also, there have been a couple of instances where the location of an activity was listed differently between the Compass and the app. The Compass has been correct not the app.

Funny.  My friend could not get her account to show up on the app yesterday.

Unreliability strikes again.

8 hours ago, lovelife said:

I sent an email to Michael Bayley last night asking if the free frozen virgin drinks would be available in the Diamond Lounge on Symphony in March. I received a phone call this afternoon from one of Mr. Bayley's executive, and he confirmed that they would be available 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

I sent an email to Michael Bayley last night asking if the free frozen virgin drinks would be available in the Diamond Lounge on Symphony in March. I received a phone call this afternoon from one of Mr. Bayley's executive, and he confirmed that they would be available 🙂

That’s going to be kind of difficult seeing as the lounges do not have the capability of making frozen drinks. 

I think there was was some confusion between being able to be redeemed using your coupons at bars vs getting an unlimited supply in the lounge. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s going to be kind of difficult seeing as the lounges do not have the capability of making frozen drinks. 

I think there was was some confusion between being able to be redeemed using your coupons at bars vs getting an unlimited supply in the lounge. 

My original post reference was for using vouchers. Some ships, including Mariner SL, utilizes a real bar to make them. 

Reports that overflow lounges are doing it as well. 

Edited by John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My original post reference was for using vouchers. Some ships, including Mariner SL, utilizes a real bar to make them. 

Reports that overflow lounges are doing it as well. 

Thanks for the update.  Any reports about that extra time spent slowing down service

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, an electronic app should be more up to date and have info sooner than something that has to go to print. The whole point is to be able to plan. Can't plan when the info is not there. And the app will never cut down on the amount of paper being comsumed as long as folks have a sense of unreliability.

On Majesty this week the app unfortunately never updated with the changes in entertainment due to a port change and entertainers not switching ships.  They did update some of the changes on paper copies of the compass.  You’d think the app would be the easy thing to update.