Passenger "Fell" from 10th deck off of Oasis in San Juan

• Clarea changed the title to Passenger "Fell" from 10th deck off of Oasis in San Juan
18 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Nope

no-one “falls”

They do if they aren't following basic safety standards... climbing on railings, leaning over balconies etc.

Based on the information available to date, there is no way to establish if he fell, jumped, or was pushed or thrown.

• Like 1

This doesn't surprise me.  I have a cruise friend that has done the Atlantis cruises and he's told me they get pretty wild.  It's amazing to me how many drugs make it onto the ship.  Not saying that's what happened here, but he certainly didn't just fall.

19 minutes ago, OHCruisin said:

This doesn't surprise me.  I have a cruise friend that has done the Atlantis cruises and he's told me they get pretty wild.  It's amazing to me how many drugs make it onto the ship.  Not saying that's what happened here, but he certainly didn't just fall.

I believe deck 10 has no public spaces. It is all cabins, so he must have left the ship via a balcony.

I can't stand these stories. 1 person decides to do something dumb out of tens of thousands, maybe hundreds. It becomes a hot topic because "dangerous cruise ships" are a hot topic that people will click on. Then many more people misinterpret what really happens on ships because they are so woke from reading the news.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

All of those actions are intentional.

By definition, a "fall" does not mean intentional or unintentional. It purely means to drop or descend. Now, colloquially, American English may use "fall" as an unintentional act, but there's nothing incorrect about saying someone fell intentionally. 

Edited by Zach1213
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not click on links to that ambulance-chasing, lowlife attorney's website.

No one on this website has ever posted that anything from Cruise Law News is wrong, incorrect, not factual.  Not sure why people here love to smear the guy.  I see him as a consumers advocate and until he demonstrably pushes a false agenda I see no reason for hyperbolic posts like yours.   It honestly seems like attempts are made by forum posters to White Knight the cruise industry and pretend nothing bad happens.  We didn't ask you to babysit the news we receive.  

Like I said; show me a false agenda and I'll ignore this as a source. 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

By definition, a "fall" does not mean intentional or unintentional. It purely means to drop or descend. Now, colloquially, American English may use "fall" as an unintentional act, but there's nothing incorrect about saying someone fell intentionally. 

intentional or unintentional,  from deck 10 to the ocean the results are usually the same.

Edited by crazyank

3 hours ago, Drock20J said:

All of those actions are intentional.

No they're not.  Climbing onto the rail is intentional.  Going into the water from there might be intentional or not.  A person can be drunk enough that they lose their balance and fall over.  Or there could be a gust of wind that blows them off of the rail.  That is most definitely not intentional.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Well that's the second person overboard on an Atlantis charter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

People go overboard (staff and passengers) all the time regardless if it's a charter or not. Statistics put the average at around one to two per month. There were 23 man overboard incidents in 2018.

He must have been really loaded drunk (or otherwise) to actually die from a fall off Deck 10 into the water  .. esp since the ship wasnt moving.   It's high, but I wouldnt think  that would be enough of a drop into the water  to kill you .. but then again its all in how you hit the water, i suppose .. so he hadda be wasted and then  drowned.