Luggage Direct and baggage fees

hokie_fan

I have the AA credit card that gives me one free bag for each person traveling with me up to 4 people. I would like to consider luggage direct since we have a later flight (4:30) out of FLL.  It would be nice to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale instead of sitting at the airport.  So, I am curious if there is a chance that I will be hit with luggage fees since I will not be there to make sure that it does not happen? I booked economy since it is just a two hour direct flight. We have four people, so I assume I will need to pay $25 per person and send 4 bags along to make this happen. Thank you for you help.

Leaving on NS on Sunday and introducing 4 people to HAL.  One couple has never been on a cruise so HAL is definitely a good place to start. 

1 hour ago, hokie_fan said:

I have the AA credit card that gives me one free bag for each person traveling with me up to 4 people. I would like to consider luggage direct since we have a later flight (4:30) out of FLL.  It would be nice to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale instead of sitting at the airport.  So, I am curious if there is a chance that I will be hit with luggage fees since I will not be there to make sure that it does not happen? I booked economy since it is just a two hour direct flight. We have four people, so I assume I will need to pay $25 per person and send 4 bags along to make this happen. Thank you for you help.

Leaving on NS on Sunday and introducing 4 people to HAL.  One couple has never been on a cruise so HAL is definitely a good place to start. 

Here is a copy of the Luggage Direct form from last week on Koningsdam. As you can see there is a section where you can mention exemption from baggage fees. Your problem will probably be caused by different stateroom numbers and different Record Locator numbers for airline.

15797894150051143786590938876722.jpg

The record locator should be enough to show the airlines that there are no baggage fees much like when you check in at a machine at the airport, it already ‘knows’ you have the exemption.  I am assuming that you did book all flights on your credit card.   I would make a note on the form that fees are exempt because of ‘name the card’. Ex - citi world elite card.  The $25. pp will be charged to each person’s on board account.   Have used luggage direct many times - love it!