1/23/2020 - Weekly Weigh In

melmar02

Roses are red,

Some swimsuits are too,

I wish Belle was here to finish the poem,

Don't you?

Sorry for the poor homage to @Belle - I just couldn't help myself!

I'm down 3# this week, and just 1.3 over what I was at when I went on my last cruise. All my shorts and swim suits fit, so I'm a happy camper. I even turned down fajitas last night to my husband's dismay. We leave in 2 weeks - let the packing begin!

I hope everyone had a great week!

• Like 4

Melmer - thanks for the poem!  Great that both you and Diana have lost weight .... 

I stayed the same which means that I am still 5# more than I was before our cruise in November and am 13# more than my goal weight ... I need to get more motivated!  Jan 

Thanks for starting the thread Melmar and congrats on your loss! Woo hoo! Such a nice feeling when your clothes fit. 🙂

Congratulations Diana on your loss as well. Keep going.

Keep at it Jan, maybe next week will surprise you with a good loss.

And I want to remind you all that it's not all about the number on the scale although we do love it when that number goes down, down, down... but I've lost 1.2 pounds and am now exactly the same weight I started out the month at. However, since then I have lost a total of 3 inches off my waist, an inch and a half off my upper thigh and a half inch off my upper arm and a half inch off my calf. So a total of 5 1/2 inches lost but same weight. 

Keep at it ladies!! We got this. 

• Like 4

Great reminder Robin, and congrats on your losses!

Jan, you haven't given up (you're still here with us 🙂 ) and at least you didn't gain.  I hope you can find that "something" to get past the lack of motivation - the struggle is real 😞 

Diana, yay for breaking a plateau!

Melmar, thanks for starting us (loved your poem 😉 ).  Great loss and yay for clothes fitting and still having the discipline to turn down fajitas!  Have a great cruise.

I had another loss this week (1.6#), despite not getting as much exercise with being sick 🙂 I'm back to "normal" health now and was glad to be at walking group today - about 3.5 miles 😄 This weeks stats:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 205.2

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss - 16.6# remaining

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

• Like 1

I also stayed the same this week.  My clothes feel just a wee bit looser though and that's good☺. I fell this morning at work and twisted my foot a bit☹. Off to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out.  Will be a problem getting my steps in for a few days.  😞

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone who’s had losses this week, and also to those who are sticking with it even when they haven’t. 

I’m down 2.5 this week, which means I’m almost back to what I was at before going away for a weekend and overindulging. 

(.2 pounds away) 🤦🏻‍♀️ Kind of annoying. Still, I’m down just over four since the first, even with my backsliding, so it’s progress. 

Also, I just signed up for Body Groove this week, and I really like it so far. If you like fun, dancey workouts, you might check it out. (Hope it’s okay to mention a specific program!)

Cheri

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Aw, JenGi, sorry to hear about the fall.  Hope it's nothing serious and you heal soon.

I saw the doctor this morning and only a couple of strained ligaments,  nothing broken.  I won't be jogging any marathons for the next few days, but it already feels better than yesterday.  

• Like 2

Hi all!

melmar02 ~ nice mini poem! Thanks for starting the thread.

Belle ~ hope you're enjoying your cruise. Sounds like a good deal you got, to me.

I'm up .06 lbs but remember yesterday was Pie Day & I got a head start on it!😉

The good news is I'm down 0.4 lbs from before my last cruise & am cruising in 13 days.

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

Hello all. 

WTG to all of you losing!  So many losses listed that is wonderful. 🙂 Keep on trying everyone!  It isn't easy that's for sure and certain!

I'm afraid I haven't got off the ground yet but I am making a shopping list with better choices.  Time to thaw some chicken breasts to fix.  Maybe pick up some salmon.  I should be able to skip the potatoes and fries without too much trouble.  Bread isn't too hard.  I usually have 1/2 sandwich (plain) with a small amount of deli ham for lunch and one slice with a small amount to honey or jam on it with dinner.  It is the dessert that will be hard not to have.  I think I'll try to make some sugar free jell-o. 

The big obstacle I have coming up not too soon is a week long trip.  I'm going to have to figure out how to mostly avoid fries, etc. while we are traveling.  

• Like 1

Great loss's this week! Good Job Everyone,

Mel thanks for starting the thread. I don't mind you paid Homage to me!:classic_biggrin:

Sorry haven't come in sooner but know how it is on cruises. TY Gail am having a good time.

Going to most traveled cocktail party tonight.

Since I changed date on cruises see three of us will be leaving on cruises in 2 weeks.

Yes Jo I think is was a good deal. I'm happy even if to come Monday and wait 2 weeks.

Gen Hope your foot is better.

Robin great on the inches lost.

Will weigh next Thursday and hope at least it says..Stayed the same!

Take care everyone.  Wishing for pounds and inches off for everyone next week.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 3

Belle, nice you checked in. Hope all is going well on your cruise.

Gail, Cheri, good losses.

Jen, hope you are healed soon. Bummer about the foot.

Jo, up a little but good overall.

Luvcats, definitely difficult traveling. Fast food abounds...…..

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend.

Diana

• Thanks 1

We have a hectic week coming up. It's our last full week at home before our cruise so I crammed everything I could into it - in the next 10 days I am holding 4 cake tastings, I'm providing desserts for an wedding industry network meeting, we have 4 doctor appointments, the kids have dentist appointments, I'm getting my hair done, plus we have our regular homeschool and after school activities scheduled every day this week! Things will start to slow down next Sunday hopefully or I'll be doing laundry in the hotel before we get on the ship! 

Our meal planning needs to be on point this week, or eating will be a free for all around here. Fortunately, we have a couple places we can get healthy take out if it comes to it - Zoe's Kitchen for grilled chicken and roasted veggies, Cowboy Chicken for salads. We kind of live in the sticks, but we drive to civilization for our nightly activities. 😆

@LuvCats! good luck on your trip. When I get off track and have to restart (I'm low carb / keto) I find I have to be very strick for a couple weeks to get all that junk out of my system. Think Atkins / South Beach phase 1/ no fruit, starchy vegetables, and sugar for a good 10 days. It's not easy, but after that, I don't want anything sugary and can better resist sneaking leftover fries from my kids' plates. 

• Like 1

OK I went off of  WW over Christmas and have gained 8 pounds back. So am back at it now. Have till next-cruise in April to lose a total of 10 pounds to get to 20 pounds lost..... I can do this ! 

Edited by Hyperpipe
  • Like 2

My sister-in-law and I are booked for a cruise to the Caribbean in November. That gives us plenty time to loose the extra weight we have both put on over the past couple of years. I think we need to loose a pound a week from now on to at least look decent in our swimming costumes! So if anyone has any tips or ideas for filling tasty meals please let us know! I have a sweet tooth but hope that fruit will satisfy me after a meal. 

• Like 2

@Hyperpipe You've got this! Plenty of time!

@forrest08 What fun - a girl's trip! I like to cut up a few zucchini and roast them for about 20-30 minutes at 350°F (175 ° ish C). Then I make a spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and mushrooms instead of beef or pork while that's in the over. Top the zucchini with the sauce and cover with reduced fat mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (or full fat if you are going to go on a keto diet). Cover with foil and stick back in the over for 15 min, remove the foil and bake 15 more. Also, while it doesn't always make me happy, instead of dessert, I'll have a slice or two of cheese. It stops my craving to eat after dinner anyway.

• Like 2

Hello! Happy to find this post because I'm using our June 5th cruise as my motivation for losing some weight. I like My Fitness Pal to track my calories/fat/sugar, etc. It's a real eye opener sometimes when you find out the food you thought would be healthier end up being higher in calories/sugars/carbs etc. than some other choices you wouldn't have thought would be ok. It also lets you put in your current weight, your goal weight and how much you want to lose per week then it calculates the amounts you should eat. One of the best things is that it already has almost every food in their database, so there is no math!! As long as you can get in the habit of entering the data every day (and actually limiting yourself to the right amounts! HAHA), it works great!  Down 2 lbs since the start of the year! Woohoo!

• Like 4