"Take Me Away" Private Transfer

GW248

Has anyone seen any details on the "Take Me Away" private transfer perk for suites?  All I've seen is "All suites include a private transfer to whisk you to and from our ship in Miami".

I'm wondering what this entails, and to/from where (for example, what is the limitation on distance from the port)?

I have absolutely no idea, but I assumed (guessed!) it was something like a basic town car to/from MIA/maybe FLL.

Using the word 'private' makes me think they can't cheap out on a shuttle van with other people.

Edited by perditax

They have not done a lot of things that their website says they were going to do. We are still waiting for the app, we still can’t book port activities, and if you look at the FAQ they still don’t do other stuff that they had promised they would be doing. I sure hope the cruise is not like this

I recently booked a suite on the March 26th cruise and was told that after my payment posts, I should be hearing from (can't remember the specific name) a department that handles suite guests because I had asked for specifics about the private transfer.  No emails or calls yet.  

If  a "Super Shuttle" or UBER/LYFT pulls up in my driveway, I'm gonna be disappointed.  

6 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

My TA told me the free transfer was with a 50 mile radius, so the airports and perhaps your home if it's close. I live 250 miles away and for a moment, was really excited!😀

This would be great if true as my best flight options are into FLL.

Thanks to all for the responses!

2 minutes ago, GW248 said:

This would be great if true as my best flight options are into FLL.

Thanks to all for the responses!

Enjoy your Rock Star Suite!! Afraid I couldn't quite splurge on it, even with included hair and makeup 😄.

I was also told 50 mile radius during an online chat session with Virgin customer service.  We are staying in downtown Ft Lauderdale precruise, so I wanted to know for sure.  We are doing a side to side cruise on the RCCL Navigator afterward, and my traveling companions are INSISTING that we use the transfer service to take from from one end of Dodge Island to the other.  lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:15 AM, rbt001 said:

If  a "Super Shuttle" or UBER/LYFT pulls up in my driveway, I'm gonna be disappointed.  

I would have to go out-on-a-limb and say it won't be Super Shuttle.

25 minutes ago, CRAustin said:

I was told this week they will pick up/drop off FLL.  I need to find out in they will PU at the Hardrock FLL.  Will call back closer to, sailing 4/5/10

The hard rock is in Hollywood which is south of fort Lauderdale. If they'll pick you up in ft Lauderdale I'm sure they'll do Hollywood 

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

The hard rock is in Hollywood which is south of fort Lauderdale. If they'll pick you up in ft Lauderdale I'm sure they'll do Hollywood 

Yes I know where it is, but curious if the pu will include off airport locations.  Hard to believe every suite include (private) transfer, only have had private transfer include with the Garden Villa on NCL.