Magens Bay VS Coki Beach

JenniferAileen

We were just in St. Thomas in January and did Magens Bay. Yes it was crowded, but we really enjoyed it. Is Coki Beach as nice and calm as Magens (water) or is it more for snorkeling? I will have a 7 & 8 year old with me - so nice calm water is a plus. I'm thinking we should try something different and try Coki Beach -but at the same time - we did enjoy Magens Bay so I could totally go again. What do you recomend? Also, is Coki beach as easy to get to as Magens Bay? For Magens Bay we rode the open air taxis.

Edited by JenniferAileen

Coki can be less calm, I'd suggest looking at Secret Harbor if you want to try another beach - very calm, and you can rent lounges/umbrellas from AA Divers and there is a great restaurant. If you arrive later in the day reserve lounges ahead on their site as supplies and space are limited...

Taxi is the same shared safari taxi, ~$10 - 11/pp, not sure if they have discount fares for kids?

Coki can get very busy since it is so small when many ships are in port for the day.  If you are planning on going there, see how many ships are in port that day.  Coki can have some rough water when the wind is blowing in the right direction.  Megans Bay is much more sheltered, and Secret Harbor is also relatively sheltered as another poster here said.