Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
yogimax

Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought this was a Royal thread. Royal hasn’t built a small cozy ship in some time. 

 

16 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Those lines are all twice the cost.

 

And speaking of large, you'll have a new neighbor by years end.  Her name is Mardi Gras

I know...excited about it... I am booked. Also excited about the new terminal!!   I was originally on the 10th voyage but due to recent delays I am on number 2 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rolloman said:

The point is they are herding the sheep into the pens. If you want a special occasion during the cruise, you must seek out a specialty restaurant because the main dining area is really not so special anymore. In todays world, in the windjammer, if they were to bring you the buffet food to your table it would virtually be the same experience as below deck in the main dining room. 

 

BAH, BAH

 

I don't mind the MDR or WJ.  

 

I've never considered MDR to be suitable for a special occasion on any line.   To each their own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

All boards have 'experts' 😉

They do.

I post on RC, Princess and P&O and can confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought this was a Royal thread. Royal hasn’t built a small cozy ship in some time. 

Read what I wrote...the small cozy ships they had back 15+ years ago were large ships for their time period. Royal has never sailed a schooner, they have always been an industry leader with ship size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I know...excited about it... I am booked. Also excited about the new terminal!!   I was originally on the 10th voyage but due to recent delays I am on number 2 😲

 

You hope you're number two

 

Just kidding, arent there several trips planned before she arrives in PC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

BAH, BAH

 

I don't mind the MDR or WJ.  

 

I've never considered MDR to be suitable for a special occasion on any line.   To each their own.  

We eat at least 4 times per weeks cruise in Royals speciality restaurants.

On our 15 night Grand Princess Hawaiian cruise last November the food and service was excellent in the anytime dining restaurant and we never even considered trying their speciality restaurants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Your assumption brand loyalty cruise for free stuff is ludicrous. It is not about free stuff, it is about recognition. Your assumption the cruise line prefers new cruisers because they spend more is even more ludicrous and even obnoxious. As I have laid out for you in plain English the D and above cruisers have unlimited value regardless of what their final sign and sail accrual becomes. To be quite honest,  in my case, I spend more each cruise than I did from the first few cruises I traveled. Proven fact the majority of folks, as they move on in years become more financially stable. If you would like to dispute my statements, I suggest you reach out to the Marketing Department of RCCL  (or any cruise line) for further education. 

 

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

 

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You hope you're number two

 

Just kidding, arent there several trips planned before she arrives in PC

Not anymore...they cancelled them due to constructions delays. As it stands now, first cruise ever will be out of PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Read what I wrote...the small cozy ships they had back 15+ years ago were large ships for their time period. Royal has never sailed a schooner, they have always been an industry leader with ship size.

I sure thought this was your quote. 
 

The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more  
 

Those aren’t RCCL ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Read what I wrote...the small cozy ships they had back 15+ years ago were large ships for their time period. Royal has never sailed a schooner, they have always been an industry leader with ship size.

 

Radiance was built in between Voyager and Freedom class. Those were indeed mega ships, and they then stepped back down for itinetary capable ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Not anymore...they cancelled them due to constructions delays. As it stands now, first cruise ever will be out of PC.

 

Ouch, good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

 

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

 

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

It goes hand in hand...they recognize you with free stuff. But the fact remains... they have to recognize you first. Right? Just go into any of the Diamond lounge...you will see several proudly sporting their D+ pins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I sure thought this was your quote. 
 

The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more  
 

Those aren’t RCCL ships. 

I am done with you... find someone else to play with. You have made the ignore list. Congrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

 

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

 

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

 

Some free stuff is quite nice😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

 

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

 

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

I have been in sales for 40 years and free gifts  make a massive difference.

They cost little to the company but the customer perceives a much higher value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

Also wishing you a great cruise Lorraine!

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It goes hand in hand...they recognize you with free stuff. But the fact remains... they have to recognize you first. Right? Just go into any of the Diamond lounge...you will see several proudly sporting their D+ pins.

We have never worn ours and TBH I have rarely seen anyone else wearing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It goes hand in hand...they recognize you with free stuff. But the fact remains... they have to recognize you first. Right? Just go into any of the Diamond lounge...you will see several proudly sporting their D+ pins.

 

We literally have a 14 page thread on people complaining about "losing something that was free." It will continue to grow in size too.

 

I can also find 10+ more threads like this without looking too hard. How much passion can you find around pins and recognition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have never worn ours and TBH I have rarely seen anyone else wearing them.

Same here. And if I ever somehow manage to make Pinnacle, which I doubt will happen,  I would refuse to let them introduce me at some C&A get together. I just dislike stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it🤔I have mine proudly pinned to a change purse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it🤔I have mine proudly pinned to a change purse.

My D+ pin is in my bedside drawer still in the wrapper it came in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it

I suspect the crew does some behind the back eye rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony O said:

My D+ pin is in my bedside drawer still in the wrapper it came in

Left ours in our cabin untouched.

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...