Cruise Critic Community
yogimax

Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought this was a Royal thread. Royal hasn’t built a small cozy ship in some time. 

16 years

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those lines are all twice the cost.

And speaking of large, you'll have a new neighbor by years end.  Her name is Mardi Gras

I know...excited about it... I am booked. Also excited about the new terminal!!   I was originally on the 10th voyage but due to recent delays I am on number 2 😲

7 minutes ago, rolloman said:

The point is they are herding the sheep into the pens. If you want a special occasion during the cruise, you must seek out a specialty restaurant because the main dining area is really not so special anymore. In todays world, in the windjammer, if they were to bring you the buffet food to your table it would virtually be the same experience as below deck in the main dining room. 

BAH, BAH

I don't mind the MDR or WJ.  

I've never considered MDR to be suitable for a special occasion on any line.   To each their own.  

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

All boards have 'experts' 😉

They do.

I post on RC, Princess and P&O and can confirm this.

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought this was a Royal thread. Royal hasn’t built a small cozy ship in some time. 

Read what I wrote...the small cozy ships they had back 15+ years ago were large ships for their time period. Royal has never sailed a schooner, they have always been an industry leader with ship size.

5 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I know...excited about it... I am booked. Also excited about the new terminal!!   I was originally on the 10th voyage but due to recent delays I am on number 2 😲

You hope you're number two

Just kidding, arent there several trips planned before she arrives in PC

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

BAH, BAH

I don't mind the MDR or WJ.  

I've never considered MDR to be suitable for a special occasion on any line.   To each their own.  

We eat at least 4 times per weeks cruise in Royals speciality restaurants.

On our 15 night Grand Princess Hawaiian cruise last November the food and service was excellent in the anytime dining restaurant and we never even considered trying their speciality restaurants.

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Your assumption brand loyalty cruise for free stuff is ludicrous. It is not about free stuff, it is about recognition. Your assumption the cruise line prefers new cruisers because they spend more is even more ludicrous and even obnoxious. As I have laid out for you in plain English the D and above cruisers have unlimited value regardless of what their final sign and sail accrual becomes. To be quite honest,  in my case, I spend more each cruise than I did from the first few cruises I traveled. Proven fact the majority of folks, as they move on in years become more financially stable. If you would like to dispute my statements, I suggest you reach out to the Marketing Department of RCCL  (or any cruise line) for further education. 

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

You hope you're number two

Just kidding, arent there several trips planned before she arrives in PC

Not anymore...they cancelled them due to constructions delays. As it stands now, first cruise ever will be out of PC.

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Read what I wrote...the small cozy ships they had back 15+ years ago were large ships for their time period. Royal has never sailed a schooner, they have always been an industry leader with ship size.

I sure thought this was your quote. 

The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more  

Those aren’t RCCL ships. 

Radiance was built in between Voyager and Freedom class. Those were indeed mega ships, and they then stepped back down for itinetary capable ships.

Not anymore...they cancelled them due to constructions delays. As it stands now, first cruise ever will be out of PC.

Ouch, good luck

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

I lol'd at that first line. Hard. If it's about recognition, would you be fine with a thank you and a lapel pin?

First and foremost, it is ABSOLUTELY about free stuff more than anything. Everyone's first question about loyalty programs is "what do I get in return?" Recognition and prestige are smaller pieces in there too. "Free stuff" will drive people nuts.

It goes hand in hand...they recognize you with free stuff. But the fact remains... they have to recognize you first. Right? Just go into any of the Diamond lounge...you will see several proudly sporting their D+ pins.

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I sure thought this was your quote. 

The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more  

Those aren’t RCCL ships. 

I am done with you... find someone else to play with. You have made the ignore list. Congrats. 

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Some free stuff is quite nice😉

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I have been in sales for 40 years and free gifts  make a massive difference.

They cost little to the company but the customer perceives a much higher value.

22 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Also wishing you a great cruise Lorraine!

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It goes hand in hand...they recognize you with free stuff. But the fact remains... they have to recognize you first. Right? Just go into any of the Diamond lounge...you will see several proudly sporting their D+ pins.

We have never worn ours and TBH I have rarely seen anyone else wearing them.

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

We literally have a 14 page thread on people complaining about "losing something that was free." It will continue to grow in size too.

I can also find 10+ more threads like this without looking too hard. How much passion can you find around pins and recognition?

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have never worn ours and TBH I have rarely seen anyone else wearing them.

Same here. And if I ever somehow manage to make Pinnacle, which I doubt will happen,  I would refuse to let them introduce me at some C&A get together. I just dislike stuff like that.

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it🤔I have mine proudly pinned to a change purse.

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it🤔I have mine proudly pinned to a change purse.

My D+ pin is in my bedside drawer still in the wrapper it came in

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We met only one D+ who wore his pin all the time.  He said the crew encourages it

I suspect the crew does some behind the back eye rolling.

3 minutes ago, Tony O said:

My D+ pin is in my bedside drawer still in the wrapper it came in

Left ours in our cabin untouched.

Edited by grapau27