Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Slightly unrelated to the topic at hand, go figure, but how often do you find marinara available with those fried cheese sticks?  I rarely do, just don't understand. 

First time ever for me in DL, CL or SL there were onion rings for happy hour.  Very delicious and enjoyed for the first time onboard without going to Johnny Rockets.  Bartender mentioned that it was from JR but there is none on Serenade.  Has anyone else encountered onion rings for apps during happy hour?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

Based on the points to ascend from D to D+ that would be ~1500.  Sounds about right.  I like it.  

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

7000 should be Summit level

We'll never make it to Base Camp

Ha!

When Royal created the Diamond level, they probably figured only a few people would make it that to that.  Same with Diamond +. That's probably why there is such a large gap between D+ and Pinnacle, trying to keep it an exclusive club.

Ten years from now, we'll be discussing how there are too many Summit++ members and the need to create a Stratosphere level at 15,000 points.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Bummer that I can't read this on my phone. 

I thought everyone abandoned this ridiculous font

eek.. I didn't realize that changing the font would prevent my notice being read by all. Lesson learned. It won't happen again.

Below is my previous post changed from Comic Sans MS to the default Arial (just in case, I also removed the highlight, bold, and underline used in the original notice.

"            ************** BELATED NOTICE ******************

I'm thinking that I should have posted this notice a long time ago. A notice that I'm finally graduating to D+ after my upcoming B2B. Why you ask? Because they booted regular Diamonds out of the CL's right before the cruise that I became Diamond. Sorry to all the D+ members out there. If I ever get close to becoming a Pinnacle, I'll try posting sooner and delay my promotion to Pinnacle status as long as possible. The only way that I ever have and probably ever will see the inside of any of the CL's is when I book a suite. I like the CL as a suite perk, but it usually isn't worth the money to upgrade to a suite. 

Respectfully posted with a little jest.

P.S. - Am I missing something? What is so special about the CL? Is it something about the actual space or the free drinks and food? Whenever I see a thread similar to this, I start getting a serious case of FOMO. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the laugh guys. 

Taking me back to my crew member days, reminding me of that sinking feeling when you saw 'diamond doors' on your schedule. 

On The plus side, I think I found the guy that lectured me for a good 20 minutes about how he was actually Diamond++ and how it really is a thing, I think he got me confused with someone who cared...

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, bigeck said:

And looked up and down as if you shouldn't be in the place

Personally I don't want to be in that environment.

My wife wears a cocktail dress every night and wears very expensive jewelry and always looks the best dressed there and she always has strangers telling her how lovely she looks but we never look down on anyone and imo it's only shallow jealous people who do.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, rolloman said:

Its all cyclical. This is part of the issue, cruising is currently doing well however 10 years ago they were treading water...sailing ships empty, giving away cabins. The stock in 2009 was at 6 bucks. Very easily another cycle can hit them and their increased fleet. They will come crying for their base and it wont be the millennials who are up to their ears in debt and living in their parents basement I can assure you of this. 

Good post.

The number of new big ships is increasing rapidly and the risk of oversupply to demand will soon impact.

IMO Royals unique selling point is it's loyalty program.

The facilities are great but so are other cruiselines facilities.

Personal service in bars and restaurants plus food quality is better on other cruiselines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rolloman said:

Adding you to ignore... seems you want to play games like the other guy. I have been on here (including when it was an AOL chatroom) for 20  years...only had 2 on ignore...after this weekend it is up to 4. Oh well....anyways this is my last post in this thread. Good luck to all...hopefully Royal will take into consideration some of the key points discussed in this thread. 

I for one appreciate your input.

Graham.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy fix, defer those added benefits until you hit a real tier. 

Maybe we need Pinnacle+

That I might agree with. Pinnacle + at 1400. Only P+ and Suites have access to CL. Lol

This would be helpful to some of the D++ here as some Pinnacles will be Relegated to the DL only (below P+). 

Great idea In My Opinion 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Yenom said:

eek.. I didn't realize that changing the font would prevent my notice being read by all. Lesson learned. It won't happen again.

Below is my previous post changed from Comic Sans MS to the default Arial (just in case, I also removed the highlight, bold, and underline used in the original notice.

"            ************** BELATED NOTICE ******************

I'm thinking that I should have posted this notice a long time ago. A notice that I'm finally graduating to D+ after my upcoming B2B. Why you ask? Because they booted regular Diamonds out of the CL's right before the cruise that I became Diamond. Sorry to all the D+ members out there. If I ever get close to becoming a Pinnacle, I'll try posting sooner and delay my promotion to Pinnacle status as long as possible. The only way that I ever have and probably ever will see the inside of any of the CL's is when I book a suite. I like the CL as a suite perk, but it usually isn't worth the money to upgrade to a suite. 

Respectfully posted with a little jest.

P.S. - Am I missing something? What is so special about the CL? Is it something about the actual space or the free drinks and food? Whenever I see a thread similar to this, I start getting a serious case of FOMO. "

Now I can read. Thank you

2 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Taking me back to my crew member days, reminding me of that sinking feeling when you saw 'diamond doors' on your schedule. 

On The plus side, I think I found the guy that lectured me for a good 20 minutes about how he was actually Diamond++ and how it really is a thing, I think he got me confused with someone who cared...

I’ve seen a few of those “guys” in the CL. Unbelievable 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Were you a room steward?  Just wondering what diamond doors mean.  As a D+ with over 350 points I don't refer to myself as D++. 

To the young man that gets questions about access to DL.  Sometimes when people ask me I just say that I followed someone in since the food looked good.  Or more than not, I just ignore them and look for their reaction when concierge greats me.  Not a cruisers place to police the lounge.  Also had it happen to me in CL and SL so it is not because people have attained D.  Some people are just busy bodies and like to stick their noses in other people business.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Were you a room steward?  Just wondering what diamond doors mean.  As a D+ with over 350 points I don't refer to myself as D++. 

To the young man that gets questions about access to DL.  Sometimes when people ask me I just say that I followed someone in since the food looked good.  Or more than not, I just ignore them and look for their reaction when concierge greats me.  Not a cruisers place to police the lounge.  Also had it happen to me in CL and SL so it is not because people have attained D.  Some people are just busy bodies and like to stick their noses in other people business.

Personally we have not experienced anyone questioning our access to DL or CL possibly because we and my wife in particular are always dressed immaculately.

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I hope you are doing well and on track to get back to a 100%. 

We may not always agree but debate is good. 

God Speed

Thanks Rory.

Going back to work for the first time since my HA tomorrow.

Pauline won't let me lift anything and I had some strange looks on the plane to and from Spain last week when Pauline put our hand luggage in the overhead lockers 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That I might agree with. Pinnacle + at 1400. Only P+ and Suites have access to CL. Lol

This would be helpful to some of the D++ here as some Pinnacles will be Relegated to the DL only (below P+). 

Great idea In My Opinion 

Ah...but then there is always the likelihood that D and D+ will not have a lounge anymore. RC will change it to the Pinnacle Lounge (which may happen anyway in the future -- at least on ships with many suites)…..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Ah...but then there is always the likelihood that D and D+ will not have a lounge anymore. RC will change it to the Pinnacle Lounge (which may happen anyway in the future -- at least on ships with many suites)…..lol

I know this thread is about the CL but I have never opposed creating a P Lounge. Matter of fact I believe I have supported them having their own Lounge.  That might create another dilemma here. P’s who stay in Suites. lol  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a few comments.  Recently on Grandeur, which has very few suites, and D+ were eliminated from CL/SL.  The lounge was consistently empty - day and night.  Wondering if the same thing will happen on the Anthem where the lounge is a very large aft room.  Will the concierges be happy on those ships where the odds of getting fewer tips has increased?  And won’t this scenario make the CL concierge extremely overworked?  Just putting my thoughts on paper about unintended consequences.  Katherine

• Like 1