Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

21 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Sorry, I guess I wrote that wrong as I realize it is possible to do both.🙄. My point was that Celebrity has made it easier for Elites to go to a bar or the CC or both.  If Royal would do this, it might alleviate some of the crowding.  We would probably not bother with the DL. And you are right, you can’t order CC drinks in  dining venues but you can carry a drink in from one of the bars.

Sherri🙂

Correct about bringing CC HH drinks in the different dining venues. RC also does do both.  You can go to the DL/CL and any bar/lounge during the C&A HH. 

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Of course but RC took SB off diamond list.

Personal choice is New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.

I agree it's all about personal choices my DS friend. No matter if we are cruising with Celebrity or RC we always find a drink on the limited beverage menu we like. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree it's all about personal choices my DS friend. No matter if we are cruising with Celebrity or RC we always find a drink on the limited beverage menu we like. 

I agree  my DS friend.

Usually it's a sparkling wine and sometimes a beer on RC.

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

It's not either or. The C&A works just like RC. You can go to the Sky Lounge for awhile and also go to one of the other bars/lounges during the CC HH that is from 5 To 7:00 PM to have drinks. Only difference is the CC HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass cards are unlimited for the two hours. Unlike RC you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues.

The big difference is that the CC happy hour ends at 7:00 PM while the C&A happy hour ends at either 8:00 PM or 8:30 PM, depending on the ship.  Even though they never say it, I have always assumed that the reason you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues is that they do not want all of the CC Elite members scrambling to get dinner before 7:00 PM.  In any case, it would seem unfair to not allow people with the late dinner seating to order HH drinks with dinner if people with the early dinner seating could order them.

21 minutes ago, actuarian said:

The big difference is that the CC happy hour ends at 7:00 PM while the C&A happy hour ends at either 8:00 PM or 8:30 PM, depending on the ship.  Even though they never say it, I have always assumed that the reason you are not allowed to order CC HH drinks in the dining venues is that they do not want all of the CC Elite members scrambling to get dinner before 7:00 PM.  In any case, it would seem unfair to not allow people with the late dinner seating to order HH drinks with dinner if people with the early dinner seating could order them.

But that's how it works on Royal.  2nd seating is after HH ends

11 hours ago, frank808 said:

Were you a room steward?  Just wondering what diamond doors mean.  As a D+ with over 350 points I don't refer to myself as D++. 

To the young man that gets questions about access to DL.  Sometimes when people ask me I just say that I followed someone in since the food looked good.  Or more than not, I just ignore them and look for their reaction when concierge greats me.  Not a cruisers place to police the lounge.  Also had it happen to me in CL and SL so it is not because people have attained D.  Some people are just busy bodies and like to stick their noses in other people business.

Young woman!* 😄

But yes, I have recently changed my attitude to that of "none of your business!", and will certainly be curt when the unofficial DL police tells me off on the next cruise. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But that's how it works on Royal.  2nd seating is after HH ends

Normally true but on a transatlantic on Brilliance this last May, we had the 8pm late seating but for some reason, the nightly event was 5-8:30, so we had 30 minutes to order at dinner. It was nice not having to worry about getting that last minute glass of wine to take to dinner.