Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

Just now, grapau27 said:
3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, there may be a opening for a Mod here. You should apply since you do such a good job on FB.😂

??

Come to think if it, where is our host, Bob?

I feel like I haven't seen him in a long time. Hopefully all is well and he is on a cruise somewhere without Internet access.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Looks like you are weathering the changes just fine and have adopted to the new normal nicely! Great attitude. 👍

Thanks, just figure ....hey poop happens.  Done with the politics I guess.  Would be nice to get another comped bottle of wine though to make up for it.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, actuarian said:

That was over ten years ago.  Most of the people who were Diamonds then (myself included) are long since Diamond Plus now (except a few who have stopped cruising on Royal Caribbean or are Pinnacles).  Therefore, the same people are taking the same hit twice.

Yup....this exactly ^

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, I probably should have worded that as 'you are qualified'

Always check it out, only takes a minute

It especially works on cruises like Baltics or Alaska where JS is crazy expensive and interiors are cheap

Ours was a cruise  from Port Canaveral to Nassau.  We were surprised to see the pricing work in our favor. Amazed and happy that it saved us money 

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

3 free drinks during HH at any bar, restaurant and now Frozen included.

Agree.  When RCI came out with the 3 drink vouchers some year ago, I assumed that was the general direction it was going to try to control the overcrowding, and would make sense.  

If I were to just be reaching Diamond, which is pretty easy to make at just 80 points...I would have been thrilled to get those free drink vouchers to use at any bar around the ship.  Then excited again to be able to get to use a dedicated lounge when I reached 175.  

Now...here I am on Vision, kicked out of the CL...and can't even get inside the DL due to crowding with no overflow.  

No lounge for us at all now.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

If I were to just be reaching Diamond, which is pretty easy to make at just 80 points...I would have been thrilled to get those free drink vouchers to use at any bar around the ship. 

That is what my wife and I are getting Diamond for . Even though we sail in suites it would be nice to get a drink during those hours while eat a show or specialty restaurant 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree.  When RCI came out with the 3 drink vouchers some year ago, I assumed that was the general direction it was going to try to control the overcrowding, and would make sense.  

If I were to just be reaching Diamond, which is pretty easy to make at just 80 points...I would have been thrilled to get those free drink vouchers to use at any bar around the ship.  Then excited again to be able to get to use a dedicated lounge when I reached 175.  

Now...here I am on Vision, kicked out of the CL...and can't even get inside the DL due to crowding with no overflow.  

No lounge for us at all now.  

Fortunately you and Bucky will soon be Pinnacle and get your 2 lounge choice back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Now if we are talking just cruise vacations we'd be pinnacle with RC and Zenith with Celebrity by now. 😉

If we ever did happen to meet up and share a drink  I wouldn't be talking cruise points, tier levels or even acknowledge posting on cruise critic. We don't even join and attend the M&M for our cruises. I piss too many people off and don't want to be reported as MIA. 😎 🍻

Nahh...you are a true DS and they cannot be held responsible for pissing people off.  We DS live on no matter what poop we have to climb through.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Why does this seem to matter so much to you???  🤨

It really doesn’t to me but if you go back and look, one of your bullet points was that I asked you when you would be Pinnacle. As it turnS out, someone else asked you shortly after. Can’t make this stuff up. 

BTW, congratulations when you step up to P. See you in October. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Concierge dings a bell at 30 minutes prior to HH and announces all but Suites must leave until an hour or so after HH starts.  Remaining guests must show SeaPass. Only Suites have access during this time. This ensures the majority of Suites have access and a seat if desired. Typically, what we see, many D+/P get to the lounge very early before HH. I have even seen them saving seats (chair hogs). I was sternly told by a D+ on a cruise that those seats were reserved. The group rotated the chair hog nightly.

Easy to manage  

I got shot down on this program 7 pages ago.  I have already been in the overflow area in the diamond lounge on the Granduer relaxing when HH was beginning asked to show my sea pass.  That worked with no issues,  few left.  A much larger area to police then the CL.  Very easy to manage. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'd like to say Yes, because I think most people cruise since they love cruising, love Royals overall product (the ships, service, amenities, etc).

Will some D+ stop sailing Royal now that they do not have CL access? Perhaps some might but will it be enough it hurt Royals bottom line? Royal doesn't think so.

It was not my point that some, or all, D+ might stop sailing RCI. My question was if that 20% of upper tiers were not on that ship would it had still sailed full at the fares that RCI was charging? Of course none of us knows the answer to the question but my opinion is that the 20% on that cruise was serving a very valuable function as to the overall profitability of the sailing. Repeat customers are necessary. We are the ones who love cruising and Royal's overall product. It isn't the person who is looking to book their first cruise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

There are some couples who will book a JS and another stateroom for the triple points and they're are Pinnacles.  Not sure why they would do it after making Pinnacle but hey, whatever floats their boat.

I think it has to do with snoring.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it has to do with snoring.

Occasionally, booking a suite (using the 150% supplement) and an interior (using the 150% Supplement) is less costly than booking a Junior suite for two. At least it worked out that way for us.

We did it purely to save money. 

m