Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Agree!  There's a big difference between 80 and 340.  We often say we are D++, yet now we are mixed in with regular D (80) and D+ (175).  BTW, did those numbers recently increase?

Nope, same as they have been for a while.  In fact, there used to tbe some perks at 340 and some at 350, and those were all moved to 340.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

DW and her friends are 4am risers.  They often set up machine in dl themselves.  Supplies are usually available.  No big deal to add beans & milk and remove waste.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Royal doesn't want people messing around with their equipment? If they did then maybe they would leave some nice laminated instructions around on what to do. Maybe people tinkering with it is part of the reason for the breakdowns. I have never been one to enter someone else's house and just make myself at home so I may be looking at this in a biased light. I see playing with their machine as disrespectful and rude. Perhaps I should view it as helping out the staff.🤔

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Royal doesn't want people messing around with their equipment? If they did then maybe they would leave some nice laminated instructions around on what to do. I have never been one to enter someone else's house and just make myself at home so I may be looking at this in a biased light. I see playing with their machine as disrespectful and rude. Perhaps I should view it as helping out the staff.🤔

I wasn’t going to bring it up but that did give me a slightly icky feeling also 🙂. I’m sure Royal Caribbean would be less than thrilled with any passenger messing with anything food/beverage equipment related. Then again, they do have freestyle machines. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Royal doesn't want people messing around with their equipment? If they did then maybe they would leave some nice laminated instructions around on what to do. Maybe people tinkering with it is part of the reason for the breakdowns. I have never been one to enter someone else's house and just make myself at home so I may be looking at this in a biased light. I see playing with their machine as disrespectful and rude. Perhaps I should view it as helping out the staff.🤔

See post #133

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

We have been diamond plus for quite some time now.  We have purchased the drink package since 2016 as we are tired of overcrowding in the lounges.  

We still love an oasis class ship but the drink package cost is out of control.  

I am confused. You buy a drink package because of the over crowding in the lounge? How much can you possibly drink in 3.5 hrs. to make a drink package even close to worth while especially since you can get three drinks for free outside of the lounge with no package? Or does your buying the package have to do with factors other than lounge crowding?

6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I wasn’t going to bring it up but that did give me a slightly icky feeling also 🙂. I’m sure Royal Caribbean would be less than thrilled with any passenger messing with anything food/beverage equipment related. Then again, they do have freestyle machines. 

They also have unmonitored buffet lines😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

In a buffet that is stocked by the staff not by passengers. The same is true of the self serve soda machines. Guests don't go looking around for supplies to replenish the machines when they are empty.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Very true 😷. I'm was more-so thinking about all the times that I've seen the employees with gloves cleaning the espresso machines and labeling the time and date the milk was changed/filled.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

See post #133

So you are saying brain dead people who take it upon themselves to put milk in the machine but don't know enough to get rid of the grounds are causing breakdowns? Sounds to me like guests should confine themselves to pressing a button to dispense their coffee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you are saying brain dead people who take it upon themselves to put milk in the machine but don't know enough to get rid of the grounds are causing breakdowns? Sounds to me like guests should confine themselves to pressing a button to dispense their coffee.

That's not even allowed on a NORO sailing😉

Changing the grounds takes a little more skill than adding milk to a container.  Yanking out the grounds or shoving the receptacle back in is what often breaks the machine. I won't do that.

Kinda like changing toner on a copier.

Edited by John&LaLa

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Eventually meal with officer

Also forgot upgraded toiletries, eventually

Many think the 150% solo supplement at 340 is quite lucrative

But others probably think it's an abomination along with the extra points for solos

Here is the complete list and terms

1785335657_CAlist.thumb.jpg.8158fa5d57ccbdda2372b3807e6de421.jpg

1479910207_CAlistback.thumb.jpg.1261ae08c1825412913568bb99c275b3.jpg

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We usually clean up the bar if we are still sitting there after they close? 

• Thanks 1

D+ perks - there's still reserved seating in the theatre. We still had that as D+ on Jewel last week, even though we were kicked out of the CL - not that anyone was manning the area anyway :classic_dry:

Edited by Bobal

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I disagree. Royal should make sure ALL Suite Guest have adequate access (seats/service) to CL/SL. 

In theory yes because of the premium price paid for a suite.

Going only by what I read on here about CL/SL overcrowding the 3 free drinks or even unlimited drinks for Suite guests during HH anywhere on board is an extra benefit for those who want to use it.

6 hours ago, rolloman said:

The D+ benefits have fallen to basically the same as Diamond and to me that is a kick in the face because reaching Diamond is a joke compared to the vast difference in between D and D+.  Do us ( Pineapple 340 and above)  a favor and officially make a D++  category and give us the suite lounge access and or associated dining perk.

Good idea.

It would be an incentive for us D+ in the 250 range to aim for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frank808 said:

Just don't like a perk that is advertised and now taken away sneakily.  Would rather Royal say the perk is gone then send a letter saying they are enhancing my trip by deleting access to CL. Worse part is they keep the letters coming sailing after sailing on the same ship.

Enhancement???? Who are they kidding!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

D+ perks - there's still reserved seating in the theatre. We still had that as D+ on Jewel last week, even though we were kicked out of the CL - not that anyone was manning the area anyway :classic_dry:

There is still reserved seating on Adventure also. However, they have now condensed P, D+, Suite, and Key all to the same area. The last time I was on this ship Key had its own area apart from the others.

3 hours ago, Bobal said:

Bobal, is removal of D+ from CL permanent on Jewel? We are sailing on 17/2 and 24/2. Have emailed the concierge asking but they have not replied.

The thing that seems so strange to me, is why haven’t they changed the DL to a D+ lounge and just given D three free drinks? This would seem a logical solution. As someone who is D+ and has stayed in suites, I can see the problem with overcrowding in the CL. The obvious answer to me is to make the DL a D+ lounge. As people say, the gap between first cruise and D is not very much, but D+ to Pinnacle is huge.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DoctorRN said:

The thing that seems so strange to me, is why haven’t they changed the DL to a D+ lounge and just given D three free drinks? This would seem a logical solution. As someone who is D+ and has stayed in suites, I can see the problem with overcrowding in the CL. The obvious answer to me is to make the DL a D+ lounge. As people say, the gap between first cruise and D is not very much, but D+ to Pinnacle is huge.

I suspect that the D folks might have some issue with your post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1