Cruise Critic Community
nyc2pdx

Booking specialty dining

First time Celebrity cruiser here.  Actually I am pretty green to cruising in general...

I am going on the Millenium for 14 nights, and booked a 5 package specialty dining.  

1. I am assuming the Chef's Table is not included in the specialty dining package, and it is $139.  Does this include wine, and if not, can I use my premium drinks plan to get wine for the Chef's table?

2. How do I book reservations on QSine and Tuscan Grill?  When I go into these venues, they want me to pay, but I would use my plan for these venues.

Thanks!

With the dining package you are getting a discount on the meals but you can’t make reservations until you are on the ship.  When  you board look for staff who are selling dining packages or go to 1 of the restaurants and a staff member can book your dinners.

The Chefs Table is not included in the a dining package.  We have not done the Chefs Dinner so can’t answer regarding the wine.  On the Millennium the only speciality restaurant are Tuscan, LPC at Qzine and Sushi on 5.  

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

With the dining package you are getting a discount on the meals but you can’t make reservations until you are on the ship.  When  you board look for staff who are selling dining packages or go to 1 of the restaurants and a staff member can book your dinners.

The Chefs Table is not included in the a dining package.  We have not done the Chefs Dinner so can’t answer regarding the wine.  On the Millennium the only speciality restaurant are Tuscan, LPC at Qzine and Sushi on 5.  

Thanks!  I didn't think the Chef's Table was included, but worth the ask!  Yeah, I know the specialty dining is limited on the Millennium, hence why I only did 5 on my long cruise. 

The paired wines for the Chef's Table is an extra cost. You can order wine using your beverage package from the regular wine menu. If you want to book specific days and times to eat at the specialty restaurants you need to get on the ship early and head straight to any of the specialty restaurants to book. You can book for all 5 dinners at that time. You can rearrange your dinners as the cruise progresses, but you chance not being able to book the days or times you prefer as the restaurants do book up. We have found it easier to get our preferred days and times on longer cruises.  

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

The paired wines for the Chef's Table is an extra cost. You can order wine using your beverage package from the regular wine menu. If you want to book specific days and times to eat at the specialty restaurants you need to get on the ship early and head straight to any of the specialty restaurants to book. You can book for all 5 dinners at that time. You can rearrange your dinners as the cruise progresses, but you chance not being able to book the days or times you prefer as the restaurants do book up. We have found it easier to get our preferred days and times on longer cruises.  

thanks!

I probably won't book when I board because I have no issue being completely flexible.  I can eat at 6 or 9, I don't mind.