Serenade of the Seas Questions

Baggies58

Hi All, thank you for all your help so far. We are on our first cruise on Serenade of the Seas (Alaskan Cruise) in August 2020.

Can I just ask a few questions regarding this ship,

Shows..... are there different shows each day in the Tropical Theatre  ??    Each day is the same show on at 7pm & 9pm ?.

Viking Crown Lounge......Are all guests allowed into this lounge, the only reason I ask is, it is in the same area as both the Concierge & Diamond Club.

Cafe Latte-tudes..........It states for this area that there are charges for drinks...........We are on the Deluxe Drinks Package, are there still other charges or additional charges.

Mini Bar in Cabin...............Is there a separate charge for the Mini Bar when we have the Deluxe Drinks Package.

Thank You in advance

Shows are different each day.

All guests allowed in the public area of Viking Crown

Drinks up to the package limit will be covered in Cafe Latte-Tudes

Drink package does not cover stateroom min-bar and room service.

31 minutes ago, Baggies58 said:

Each day is the same show on at 7pm & 9pm ?.

The show is different from one day to the next, but the same show is at 7pm and 9pm.  It's like going to the movie theater -- you just go to the time that works around your dinner schedule.

Just now, Baggies58 said:

Thank you both.

For anyone who have been  on the Serenade of the Seas, what is your favourite part of the ship, I know people will have different favourites for different reasons, so just curious.

Outdoor Windjammer seating.  Movie theater.

• Like 2

There are 2 shows each night...exactly the same....you only go to one of them.

My favorite part is the outdoor WJ seating...very nice.  Wish more ship's offered that.  My least favorite is the enclosed Solarium.....HATE that.

I'm new to posting here, though I've lurked for a long time. Hi, everyone!

I hope it's okay if I piggyback on this post. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere on Serenade to get decent iced tea. How is the iced tea in Windjammer? Or the dining room?  Does Cafe Lattitudes serve any? All the menu pictures I've been able to find have been for hot beverages.

Thank you!

Edited by KarriLena

1 minute ago, KarriLena said:

I hope it's okay if I piggyback on this post. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere on Serenade to get decent iced tea. How is the iced in Windjammer? Or the dining room?  Does Cafe Lattitudes serve any? All the menu pictures I've been able to find have been for hot beverages.

Thank you!

The iced tea is the same all over the ship.  You can find it in Windjammer and all the restaurants.  I believe Park Cafe also serves it and possibly the drink station aft of Windjammer.  None at Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Welcome to the posting side of CC.

Concerning the Viking Crown Lounge - just finished a cruise.  The ENTIRE Viking Crown Lounge was used as the Diamond/Diamond + Lounge from 4:30 - 8pm every night.  This was in addition to the adjoining Diamond Lounge.  Also - there was a 'special' group on board that often utilized the Safari Lounge for periods of time.  They didn't want to hear noise from the pool tables, so when they utilized Safari - no pool was allowed.

3 hours ago, Baggies58 said:

Thank you for all your replies.

Is there a site were I can print out individual deck plans ?. On the Royal Caribbean, the deck plans have maybe 3 decks on the one page.

Thanks

Try cruisedeckplans.com

• Like 1

Regarding the shows in the Tropical Theatre, before you go to the show, do you get drinks and bring them with you ? or can you order drinks at the show ?

We have the Key, so we are allowed in the reserved balcony seats, same question as above for here.

I have read here that the reserved balcony seats are not always the best seats, where would people recommend to get seats or can you reserve particular seats in the theatre ?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Baggies58 said:

I have read here that the reserved balcony seats are not always the best seats, where would people recommend to get seats or can you reserve particular seats in the theatre ?

There is no reserving/saving of seats, but which are the "best" seats is going to be totally subjective.  Some people like being in the front row, up close and personal.  Some people like being in front of the soundboard for the best sound mix.  Some people like being on an aisle toward the back so they can get up and out quickly and beat the crowds after the show.  

In my experience on a variety of ships in Royal's fleet, there aren't really many "bad" seats.  If you're picky about where you sit, just show up a bit early and choose whichever seat seems best to you.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:16 PM, Host Clarea said:

The iced tea is the same all over the ship.  You can find it in Windjammer and all the restaurants.  I believe Park Cafe also serves it and possibly the drink station aft of Windjammer.  None at Cafe Latte-Tudes.

I think the iced tea is pretty weak. I think they must make it hot and then add ice which melts and then dilutes the tea.

I bring a jar of instant ice tea mix with us. It's worth the weight as I like my tea very strong.

On 1/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Baggies58 said:

Thank you both.

For anyone who have been  on the Serenade of the Seas, what is your favourite part of the ship, I know people will have different favourites for different reasons, so just curious.

We have sailed serenade before are on the July 5th and 12th sailing.

My favorite part of the ship is the Viking Crown lounge in the day time and the Schooner Bar in the evenings. 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, crilski said:

Concerning the Viking Crown Lounge - just finished a cruise.  The ENTIRE Viking Crown Lounge was used as the Diamond/Diamond + Lounge from 4:30 - 8pm every night.  This was in addition to the adjoining Diamond Lounge.  Also - there was a 'special' group on board that often utilized the Safari Lounge for periods of time.  They didn't want to hear noise from the pool tables, so when they utilized Safari - no pool was allowed.

I doubt an Alaska cruise will be that C&A top heavy to justify taking over the lounge.

Regardless, that is only for 3-4 hours

On 1/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, crilski said:

Thats why, was a Special Group. Serenade overflow usually two other Lounges(not Crown Lounge) last couple yrs,  6 out of 8 my Cruises including heavy Upper Tier Repo's. Using Crown Lounge was more Common 3-5yrs ago

15 hours ago, Baggies58 said:

Regarding the shows in the Tropical Theatre, before you go to the show, do you get drinks and bring them with you ? or can you order drinks at the show ?

We have the Key, so we are allowed in the reserved balcony seats, same question as above for here.

Thanks everyone, any answer to the above as totally new to cruising.

Thank You

On 1/24/2020 at 10:12 PM, KarriLena said:

I hope it's okay if I piggyback on this post. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere on Serenade to get decent iced tea. How is the iced tea in Windjammer? Or the dining room?  Does Cafe Lattitudes serve any? All the menu pictures I've been able to find have been for hot beverages.

Thank you!

Windjammer and parc cafe has iced tea.  Decent is subject to interpretation.