Grand Princess formal nights 10 day Mexican Rivera

gocalfan

Okay, here I am once again asking for my Princess cruise buddies for help. Does anyone know what nights are formal on the 10 day Mexican Rivera on the Grand? I know in the past it has been on the 3rd night (2nd full day at sea) and the 9th day which is also at sea. Why I am asking is that we have a large group which one night we will all be eating together (yikes) and Princess is offering us the Crown Grill for Thursday February 13 which in the past this night has been a formal night. We have been told by Princess this is not a formal night and maybe Princess has changed them recently. We really don't want formal in the Crown Grill and I think Princess might be incorrect on the this and I am sure the Grand isn't changing this night for us. Sorry for rambling on and on and on.........I am overwhelmed with my crazy loved ones! The Princess Rep has left for the weekend or I might have had an answer.

I have done this 10 day cruise many times... will be on the 2/11 cruise.  I would guess the first formal night will be on the 12th the first sea day and the second formal will be on the 20th, the sea day after leaving Cabo.

We did the exact same cruise with the exact same dates embarking February 11, 2019.  My Princess Patter had the formal nights on February 13th the 3rd night out or the 2nd full day at sea and February 19th which is the night after leaving Cabo. The 20th of February would be the night before we disembark which a formal night is highly unusual since our luggage has to be outside our cabin early. The Grand could be changing it's formal nights but I sure hope not the night before we disembark.......

I'm with a group of 40 "The Herrera Family and Friends".

Not an absolute but I am also on the 2/11 sailing and I am betting the first formal  night will be the third sea day, which is February 14 and happens to be Valentine’s Day .  My experience is that Princess loves to attach formal nights to holidays and Valentines would be a perfect excuse for that.  We shall see in a couple of weeks.

You are probably correct. We were on the Grand last year from February 11 - 21, the exact same date and formal night was on the 13th. Maybe Princess saw how Valentine's Day went last year and decided to change to coincide formal night with Valentine's Day and a full sea day. We have a message in with the Princess Guest Service Rep and should hear from her next week. Can't wait to meet you wheezedr.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 9:57 PM, wheezedr said:

Not an absolute but I am also on the 2/11 sailing and I am betting the first formal  night will be the third sea day, which is February 14 and happens to be Valentine’s Day .  My experience is that Princess loves to attach formal nights to holidays and Valentines would be a perfect excuse for that.  We shall see in a couple of weeks.

Also on this cruise. Looking forward to Valentine Day on the ship. Do you know if they do anything special for the day. My guess is also that would be a formal night.

Hey Northcalgirl...We were on the Grand last year same exact dates and on Valentine's Day, the ship does a "renew your vowels" in the Atrium and you have to sign up and it will be on the Princess Patter what day and time for sign up.  You will receive in your stateroom the certificate reflecting the date. Now last year they did the formal night on the 2nd full day at sea which is the 13th, we all thought it would be on the 14th. I got in contact with one of the servers currently on the Grand and she confirmed formal night will be on the 14th, but the Princess Rep at Corporate is telling us it's the 13th. I want to believe that the worker is correct and make Valentine's Day formal night. I am in a group of about 45 and we will be wearing our group shirts with "Herrera Family and Friends" shirts on Wednesday. I am hoping to meet you on the ship and by the way, my name is Debi and my husband's name is Gabriel. Look for us in the Atrium early mornings drinking our toasted almond martinis and bloody marys. We also play dominos around the Horizon Terrace Bar, inside if it's cool and outside if it's nice weather. Hoping to meet you on the ship.......

We were on Grand last year for this cruise.  Formals were, as reported above, nights 3 & 9.  Our sailing wasn't over V-day so I have no idea whether this would or wouldn't affect the choice of nights.

To those in the Herrera Family group, your special attire is IMHO appropriate regardless they attire of the day, you're on a higher mission, camaraderie and friendship!