Havana Retreat open to everyone after 7pm?

FlyingAnchor

Greetings all, 

I was just watching a YouTube video providing a tour of the Havana Bar and Havana Retreat area and the host of the video commented that wristbands are checked and enforced from open until 7pm. After 7pm, they state that anyone can be in the Retreat area and they note it to be a great area to watch sunsets and sail-aways. 

Is this information correct that you can be in the Havana Retreat area after 7pm without booking a Havana cabin? We're currently not booked in a Havana stateroom but friends of ours are. (We're sailing on Horizon.) 

Additionally, we are contemplating upgrading our cabin to a Havana Cabana cabin (to spend time with our friends in the Retreat area!) and we're curious if the late night music from the Havana Bar is noticeable/audible in the Cabana cabins? 

Thanks for all of your insight and expertise! 

Just now, ummgood said:

They just changed the policy. You will not be allowed in the area at any time if you are not booked in a Havana room. 

Awesome - thank you for this information! It makes our decision to upgrade to a Havana Cabana a lot more simple. 🙂

• Like 1

That’s SO unfortunate. We sailed the Horizon 8 day over the 4th of July holiday 2019 and the after hours facilities at Havana were near vacant. We spent a LOT of time on the aft deck and thereabouts and it was the same thing every day. We ventured down once and had a good soak and relaxation- we truly had BOTH tubs to ourselves! 

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Awesome - thank you for this information! It makes our decision to upgrade to a Havana Cabana a lot more simple. 🙂

I actually think I would appreciate it a whole lot, but it makes me wonder why it’s often so empty! 

Minor point, the Havana bar area (inside) is open to everyone all the time.  The pool and hot tubs are for HAvana room guests only.  This area, as I have said in the past is a flat out home run by Carnival.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Txcroozer said:

As for the second question, you won't hear the band in your cabin

Thank you! We've been watching lots of YouTube videos with Havana tours and general tours of the ship (Horizon) and we cannot wait for 2022 to get here! We upgraded to a Havana Cabana and are probably a little too excited about it. 😂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, ummgood said:

They just changed the policy. You will not be allowed in the area at any time if you are not booked in a Havana room. 

Do you know where this was posted? I have not been able to locate it. Thanks in advance for your help

21 minutes ago, THIS IS US! said:

Do you know where this was posted? I have not been able to locate it. Thanks in advance for your help

THis is when they changed it.

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-cruise-line-changing-havana-pool-access-on-vista-class-ships/

3 Salt Water Pools including the Havana Pool (which is for the exclusive use of guests occupying Havana accommodations and Grand Suites) 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1149/kw/havana

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:28 PM, FlyingAnchor said:

Thank you! We've been watching lots of YouTube videos with Havana tours and general tours of the ship (Horizon) and we cannot wait for 2022 to get here! We upgraded to a Havana Cabana and are probably a little too excited about it. 😂

Was just reading this older thread that someone resurrected today and noticed your comment about 2022. Were you already anticipating cruising issues this year and possibly into 2021 when you booked your cruise, or is that just a coincidence?  

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

THis is when they changed it.

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-cruise-line-changing-havana-pool-access-on-vista-class-ships/

3 Salt Water Pools including the Havana Pool (which is for the exclusive use of guests occupying Havana accommodations and Grand Suites) 

Thanks, I appreciate it. As I combed the threads to find out more about the Havana, I found a similar thread with info as well. 

On 4/18/2020 at 5:45 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Were you already anticipating cruising issues this year and possibly into 2021 when you booked your cruise, or is that just a coincidence?  

Oh no, not related to this year. I'm a long-term planner in general so I typically plan/book my vacations pretty far out! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Oh no, not related to this year. I'm a long-term planner in general so I typically plan/book my vacations pretty far out! 

Nice to hear from a fellow cruiser who likes to plan ahead! I try to book 2 plus years out of I can. Love having yet another cruise to look forward to!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I heard the band on my Vista cruise in a Havana Inside. Didn't bother me as I;m a heavy sleeper but the bad was clearly heard.

The insides are on the wall adjacent to the bar area.  Not so for the balconies and HC suite.  

• 9 months later...

We just booked a family girls cruise in 2 of the Havana Cabana cabins, Feb 2022 so far off, and are soooooo excited to hear that the public can no longer go after 7pm. Thats why we pay the extra money! I'm also glad to hear its nearly empty all the time, it really will be like our own private retreat. 

1 hour ago, sailrprincess said:

We just booked a family girls cruise in 2 of the Havana Cabana cabins, Feb 2022 so far off, and are soooooo excited to hear that the public can no longer go after 7pm. Thats why we pay the extra money! I'm also glad to hear its nearly empty all the time, it really will be like our own private retreat. 

I would not say it is fairly empty at all.  I am in the bar area alot and the outside area was fairly full

• Like 2

The only time out of our two 8 day cruises on the Horizon in the Havana area when we could not get a lounger was about noon time on sea day one.  Otherwise, no problem at all and the pool and hot tubs were never full.  At the most about a dozen people in the pool, which is a far cry from the adult soup situation a few decks higher.

Edited by SNJCruisers

20 hours ago, sailrprincess said:

We're booked in a Havana Cabana on the Horizon in October 2022.  

When we booked, I didn't see anything stating that the public was still barred from the area after 7 pm; the info said the area WAS open to the public after that hour.  

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?  

From our experience, it hasn't made too much difference.   On our Vista cruise we didn't notice any huge influx of people after 7 pm into the pool area.   (The inside area and the Havana Bar are, of course, unrestricted access.)  

On 1/25/2020 at 2:12 AM, Txcroozer said:

As for the second question, you won't hear the band in your cabin

As previously mentioned, this is only true for outside-facing cabins -- Havana patios and balconies/suites.   

Interior rooms DO experience some noise from the bands and the bar area since they share a common wall.  

1 minute ago, Pellaz said:

Interior rooms DO experience some noise from the bands and the bar area since they share a common wall.  

Then those people that are light sleepers and go to bed by 1100 pm while on vacation should not book those cabins.  We, on the other hand stayed in 5205, which was the furthest away inside cabin from the bar and was also a sideways cabin, which there are only 2 of in the Havana area.  The back of our cabin was against the elevator and we never heard a peep from it.

1 hour ago, Pellaz said:

We're booked in a Havana Cabana on the Horizon in October 2022.  

When we booked, I didn't see anything stating that the public was still barred from the area after 7 pm; the info said the area WAS open to the public after that hour.  

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?  

Carnival Horizon® 

Dr. Seuss WaterWorks | Pools | Hot Tub Spas

• The Cat in the Hat slide (450' long, enclosed raft slide offering heart-racing twists and turns) 
  • The Fun Things slide (300' long, enclosed body slide with whimsical polka dots and special lighting effects)  
  • Splash area with varied water spray apparatus 
  • 300-gallon Power Drencher tipping bucket
  • Mini racer slide for children  
  • 3 Salt Water Pools including the Havana Pool (which is for the exclusive use of guests occupying Havana accommodations and Grand Suites) 
    • Midship Pool (4'9" to 6' deep) | Aft Pool (4'9" to 5'8" deep) | Havana Pool (4'4" deep)
  • Hot Tub Spas (6)