Day to day itinerary

Izena

Beware.   Don’t  privately schedule extra excursions.  The itinerary may change unannounced.   I am scheduled for the Puget Sound Cruise April 22.

i was studying the  stops and shore excursions  looking at possibly scheduling my own excursion.

This is when I noticed  ACL had changed the order of the itinerary.  ( Friday was to be a cruising day and Saturday was to be the day for whale watching paid excursion —-website still shows this schedule  BUT   My account shows Whale watching to be on Friday which I paid for through ACL).   I loved my first cruise but this sort of thing  has  taken the joy  out of scheduling future cruises.  

Changing the detailed itinerary on river cruises (including cruises on European rivers and elsewhere) is standard operating procedure, and you should never take the generic web or brochure itineraries as gospel.  The cruise company has to deal with many variables...weather, wind directions, unexpected dock disruptions, to name a few.  All their documentation warns you of this, albeit often in small print. 

I differ with your interpretation.  I understand that there are weather variables.     I think it would be good business practice to keep the clients / passengers informed of changes.  That means ahead of time.  

16 hours ago, Izena said:

I differ with your interpretation.  I understand that there are weather variables.     I think it would be good business practice to keep the clients / passengers informed of changes.  That means ahead of time.  

Having done a number of river cruises, in Europe and/or U.S., we have seen a number of "changes" from the original itinerary -- some very "last minute".  There are often not many "immediate options".  For that reason, independent tours can be more "subject to change".  Fortunately, many times the ship's staff are attuned to these "possibilities".  We fortunately, have never had a cruise "ruined" by such deviations.

NRayH