Coco Beach Club on Cococay

We booked this for our February cruise on Symphony. At the time we booked, it was around $60. From what I understand, if you have the Ultimate Beverage package, it is included at Coco Cay. Since it also included the buffet, we felt it was worth the $.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not complete yet, so hard to say if its worth it

Will be there on Tuesday.  We will do our usual, as we have done the last few visits...just walk around and check out the construction.  Then back to the ship for lunch. 

When we were there last month there were huge fence tarps blocking off long stretches of most of the beach on the opposite side of island from the pier.  Large heavy dirt moving equipment working along the beach.  

Edited by island lady

6 hours ago, malefevre said:

I saw Coco Cay Beach Club is approx. $75 pp.  I saw this included a lunch buffet w/ lobster and steak.  Is this worth the money?  Is it an open bar? Is the buffet good?

No one will know anything until it opens, which is scheduled for the end of the month.  We were at Coco Cay a couple of weeks ago and that area does not look like it will be ready by the end of the month but time will tell.  We are headed there again in a couple of weeks and did not book it as I don't think it will be open.  It is currently $54,99 for my sailing.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Will be there on Tuesday.  We will do our usual, as we have done the last few visits...just walk around and check out the construction.  Then back to the ship for lunch. 

Have you tried the new buffet, or the snack shack?  WAY better than in the past.  I speak from experience, as I rarely ate anything on Coco Cay and just picked up something once I returned to the ship.  Now, I enjoy the meal  on the island. I guess it depends on the ship and the lunch options on board. Our last stop at Coco Cay was on mariner, so my only lunch options on board would’ve been Windjammer ( no thank you) or promenade café, with a few pre made sandwiches. 

please  keep us posted of the construction progress. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We'll be there twice the week of Jan 20th om Mariner

Maybe- Maybe not!  We did not make our second visit on our December 16 cruise. 
It actually worked out better for us as it gave us a true sea day, which we enjoy. 
better keep your fingers crossed. 
m

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It actually worked out better for us as it gave us a true sea day, which we enjoy. 
m

I have a 2 day pass for the water park. 😉

52 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Have you tried the new buffet, or the snack shack?  WAY better than in the past.  I speak from experience, as I rarely ate anything on Coco Cay and just picked up something once I returned to the ship.  Now, I enjoy the meal  on the island. I guess it depends on the ship and the lunch options on board. Our last stop at Coco Cay was on mariner, so my only lunch options on board would’ve been Windjammer ( no thank you) or promenade café, with a few pre made sandwiches. 

please  keep us posted of the construction progress. 

Yes, tried the Chill Island buffet.  Nice with the fresh taco bar.  We will decide when we are there, depending on the weather and what we feel like doing, but first guess is back to the ship.   On Harmony it was wonderful to go back to the ship to CK for lunch when it wasn't busy.  Mariner is different story of course.  

Edited by island lady

43 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

It doesn't look good out there right now either.  We are supposed to be there on Tuesday.  Not sure we will be able to dock with the possible rough seas we may experience.  

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

Lucky you😊

Is your Oasis cruise Western or Eastern?

Do you do cruise compasses with your live reviews?

Western. 

Sometimes I do, I always save them in case someone has a question

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I have a 2 day pass for the water park. 😉

I’m sure they will offer a partial refund if the ship does not make it to the island, just as any other purchase.   Another issue is that when we were able to go on the following cruise, it was too cold to do most anything. Most people walked around and sweatshirts. 

m

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, tried the Chill Island buffet.  Nice with the fresh taco bar.  We will decide when we are there, depending on the weather and what we feel like doing, but first guess is back to the ship.   On Harmony it was wonderful to go back to the ship to CK for lunch when it wasn't busy.  Mariner is different story of course.  

Yes, CK is a nice option! 
m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I’m sure they will offer a partial refund if the ship does not make it to the island, just as any other purchase.   Another issue is that when we were able to go on the following cruise, it was too cold to do most anything. Most people walked around and sweatshirts. 

m

I've been debating cancelling it anyway. Can't seem to get Laura excited about it. I thought the wave pool would interest her. But not if its cold

We booked the Beach Club for our March Empress cruise.  Thought maybe that area would be less crowded and the upgraded lunch sounded nice, plus we have the drink package so it may be worth the $54 pp we paid when on sale.  Curious to see if it is in fact open later this month.

What is the current cancellation policy for the water park? Wondering if it will be the same for the Beach Club? We have beach club booked for a summer cruise and DD may decide to skip it to be with friends--just trying to get a sense of how much time she has to decide.