Your favorite Quantum-Class balcony cabin location?

RCCL Fan

I booked Odyssey this week which I'm super excited about because once I sail a Quantum class I will have sailed on every class in the fleet. (i know technically Odyssey is Ultra-Quantum... but work with me here)

Anyway --- I'm picking my cabin, and would love to know your thoughts.

Junior suites (my go to) are sold out the week we're going, so all i can do is a balcony.   There's a million balcony options.

My TA put me in a midship deck 10 balcony (my usual)  but there's a handful of rooms on the hump on deck 6.   I'm thinking of switching to those.

Any feedback on balcony cabin locations on this new ship for me?

16 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I booked Odyssey this week which I'm super excited about because once I sail a Quantum class I will have sailed on every class in the fleet. (i know technically Odyssey is Ultra-Quantum... but work with me here)

Anyway --- I'm picking my cabin, and would love to know your thoughts.

Junior suites (my go to) are sold out the week we're going, so all i can do is a balcony.   There's a million balcony options.

My TA put me in a midship deck 10 balcony (my usual)  but there's a handful of rooms on the hump on deck 6.   I'm thinking of switching to those.

Any feedback on balcony cabin locations on this new ship for me?

Deck 13 forward elevators ,straight under the solarium.

Forward elevators aren’t as busy and one flight up you have solarium for a snack and there’s a bar.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:40 AM, jptoz said:

Deck 10,11 or 12 by the elevators. Prefer close to the aft  elevators. but the foward ones will do.

my sailing is super full... only ones by the elevator are deck 6.... 

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

my sailing is super full... only ones by the elevator are deck 6.... 

we did deck 6 obstructed on Ovation,which is basically the same ship.

It was on the back of the hump on the rear stairwell.

It was very good .the best thing was you could hear the ocean at night if you left the door open.Also one flight of stairs to the promenade and there’s a door from deck 6 into the library,which is 270. Great for beating the crowds.

No noise to talk about,if you put your head over the balcony you could hear public announcements.

While I have not yet sailed on Quantum Class, I am booked on Odyssey and have been studying deck plans and pictures of Spectrum OTS which will have some similar cabin/balcony layout. For me, if other cabins were available, I would not choose deck 6 unless it's one of the mid ship JS. Many of the balconies on deck 6 will have some obstructed view due to the Life Boats and or davitts. Even the J1 and J3 on deck 6 will have some obstruction. So like others here, I would opt for a higher deck. I would also keep checking and maybe a JS will open up. 

Good luck and have a great cuise.  

Edit

By the way I'm not sure if you are doing a search using the RCI website. In my experience lately, when searching using he RCI website, some JS specifically J1s (for Odyssey) are not displayed. However if I use any other travel site all JS categories are displayed. I mentioned this to a RCI agent several weeks ago but it still happens. 

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

We sailed in 12222 over Thanksgiving on Anthem and liked a lot our location. Two flights up to pool deck no obstruction.

At that time I was a bit upset that we had our bed by the balcony as I had to work for 3 days and desk there would’ve been more convenient, but it shouldn’t be an issue for real vacation 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Haven’t seen anything.  I grabbed one of the balconies on deck 10 for March 2022

Too funny. Something about those cabins on deck 10 as we are also holding one for March 2022 :classic_biggrin:

Please let me know if you see anything and thanks. 

• Like 1

If I move to these deck 6 balconies there are no lifeboats under me.    Around me yes,  but not straight out or straight down that I can tell.

I always get flamed for this, but I sweat Quantum class is the same base design of the Celeb Solstice class... 

The side of the ship is the same.  

On Celeb, even high up, I hated that the lifeboats were below me.   

Only part of the ship that doesn't have them is all the way forward, which I rather not do, and the hump. 

I'm thinking the hump is the way to go even if it's lower.

I may be wrong but I don't think lifeboats will be in my way.

I attached a pic.

First circle show where I am now on deck 10....   boats still below me

Second shows the open cabin on the hump. 

0.jpg

Hi...!

What sailing are you on? We are on the 04/09/21 sailing in a J4 (junior suite). They have been sold out since October. 

Hubby and I have sailed On deck 7 forward on the Anthem many times. You are correct that the deck is not really obstructed in that location. Deck 6 may be the same. Our only problem was the sea spray made our balcony almost unusable due to the salt coating that was on everything. Everyday. However, that was in the winter months sailing from NJ and the seas were not calm. Sailing from Port Canaveral should be better. 

At the last minute (yesterday 😁), we added the 04/03/21 six night sailing. So we are now doing a B2B. Trying to get our monies worth

out of our flight down there. 
Oops! Just looked at your photo again. We sailed towards the front of the ship...not the aft. Sorry I can’t be of help. 

Edited by loug1601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

By whom? They are related and certainly the cabins have very similar layout and feel.

When RCI came out with Qantum. I looked at the layout and the side of the ship and said this ship looks like they took Solstice and changed it a little to make this.

I posted that and had several people post about tonnage and random things, and tell me how wrong I was....

I was like, I'm no engineer, but when i go to pick rooms, the exact same drama I run into on solstice is what I run into on this ship.... 

It looks like the outdoor dining for Jamie’s Italian is under your balcony. There will not be a Jamie’s on Odyssey. Giovanni’s Table will take its place according to the Royal Deck plans. 

I never saw this outdoor dining area used. Perhaps it will be eliminated on Odyssey. 

We had a JS on Ovation Deck 10 to Alaska this past summer.  The room location was pretty good for view and sound level but it felt far to get to anywhere.  We are going on Symphony in the fall and opted for a balcony on Deck 8.  It will be only two flights down to the promenade so we are giving that a try!  

I'm in DFW and enjoy catching your reports on TV (and reviews on cruisecritic)!

9 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

First circle show where I am now on deck 10....   boats still below me

Second shows the open cabin on the hump. 

I think the location you have on deck 6 and being on the hump is good. At that location you get good views of the forward and aft port side of the ship. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, loug1601 said:

It looks like the outdoor dining for Jamie’s Italian is under your balcony. There will not be a Jamie’s on Odyssey. Giovanni’s Table will take its place according to the Royal Deck plans. 

I never saw this outdoor dining area used. Perhaps it will be eliminated on Odyssey. 

nope... i'd be on the other side of the ship

8 hours ago, NeedsVitaminSea said:

We had a JS on Ovation Deck 10 to Alaska this past summer.  The room location was pretty good for view and sound level but it felt far to get to anywhere.  We are going on Symphony in the fall and opted for a balcony on Deck 8.  It will be only two flights down to the promenade so we are giving that a try!  

I'm in DFW and enjoy catching your reports on TV (and reviews on cruisecritic)!

Yes there's a lot to be said being close to everything.   We were right by the elevators and one deck down from the pool, on our cruise last year and we loved it.

I think we're going to try deck 6

Thank you so much, for watching my stories on the air, and following along on cruise critic.  

I keep saying I'm going to change my avatar, had no idea how many DFW people were on this site.

But I truly appreciate the compliments!

• Like 2