How does the food compare with Princess?

oskidunker

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Incidentally in the UK, a US shrimp is called a prawn. A UK shrimp is smaller: hence the contents of the cocktail.

Same in Australia. A shrimp is usually quite small. That's what we make potted shrimp from.

Hence why it was amusing with the Paul Hogan tourism commercials "throw another shrimp on the barbie" . It must have been made for the US audience in mind. Here we put large prawns on the Barbie.

Julie

8 hours ago, eroller said:

They were disappointing, and certainly not worth the drama of ordering from the so-called "unwritten always available" menu.  

OTOH, I'm likely to order a Caesar salad if nothing among the appetizers calls my name.

I give all cruise lines a pass because they have small kitchens for the number of people and no way to get extra ingredients. We have 40+ cruise on many lines. Best food was on Celebrity before RCCL and the QE2 in the grills before Carnival. Today it's hit or miss with lower quality ingredients and little choice. These were also the best service, especially on the QE2 in the Queen grill.

Edited by hypercafe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Underwatr said:

OTOH, I'm likely to order a Caesar salad if nothing among the appetizers calls my name.

Yes, although I did order a steak once, about four cruises ago, I'll order a Caesar Salad or a Shrimp Cocktail (no matter how shrimpy) once or twice a voyage when dining in Britannia. 

Luckily, unlike eroller, it's not been an issue for me thus far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, MarkBearSF said:

Yes, although I did order a steak once, about four cruises ago, I'll order a Caesar Salad or a Shrimp Cocktail (no matter how shrimpy) once or twice a voyage when dining in Britannia. 

Luckily, unlike eroller, it's not been an issue for me thus far.

Never been on a ship that serves Caesar Salad with the proper anchovies.  Upon request they always give to one a side dish of enough anchovies for 10 salads.

I’ve recently been on both lines. Cunard QG and Regal Princess Suite level. I would rate the food comparable at these levels. 
Considering the limitations of mass dining, the overall experience is very nice. 
I don’t do buffets and have no comment on those. Tea on Cunard is more authentic than on Princess, naturally.