Pens became pencils

Orator

Last cruise I noticed that gelato was no longer served in waffle cones. Got off Equinox today and found that a pencil had replaced the pen in cabin. DW went to Guest Relations to get a pen and they searched and only found one from Cayon Ranch. They gave it to her and asked that it be returned. She did return it! By the way, the cruise was wonderful and made so by a great Captain and crew,.i

Edge had the pencils but they are  useful and interesting.,  The Celebrity pens are ok for use on board but not the best quality. Asking that it be returned sounds chintzy to me! 

I am still enjoying my EDGE pen ( from the gift shop) that Vtcruiser included in my big birthday gift bag last year.., along with various EDGE goodies and real maple syrup from Vermont.....My b day is coming up  again soon,  and I will  be thinking  about her on that day

• Like 5

I'll made sure to bring one of my Celebrity pens that i got sailing with Celebrity in the 1990's.  Haven't sailed Celebrity since 2005 and am anxious to see the difference between now and then.  Sailing on the Equinox in March.

• Like 1

I took home a pen from a NCL cruise and people ask me about it all the time. Seems like it would be a low cost advertisement for them and they’d want to keep it available. I guess I thought that was the whole point of a pen with a company name on it.

• Like 1

We noticed pens were missing last cruise...Not an issue as we always have a couple with us...We didn’t bother collecting the plastic ones but we did keep the nice silver ones we had in the PH a few years ago. They were nice pens and reminded me of my cruises when I used them.

We had the Pencil in a Celebrity Suite on Edge in the bedroom.   If you think no pen is a problem,   In a CS there is no phone in the living room area,   just one next to the bed and one next to the toilet.   To make things worse the one in our bathroom wouldn't work.   Not really convenient if you are up early and the butler calls with breakfast.

4 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

just off the Summit and had a gorgeous pencil in my cabin

So the pen was replaced with a pencil. Now that makes sense. Not a wooden pen as posted by another poster on another thread. ((quote from that poster, "Yes, GR will give you a wooden pen, yes wooden , if you ask for one")).  I thought that was strange. I have a wooden pen it is way too nice to be given away. I like the looks of the pencil in #8. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

So the pen was replaced with a pencil. Now that makes sense. Not a wooden pen as posted by another poster on another thread. ((quote from that poster, "Yes, GR will give you a wooden pen, yes wooden , if you ask for one")).  I thought that was strange. I have a wooden pen it is way too nice to be given away. I like the looks of the pencil in #8. 

The image in #8 is what we received and LOVED it ... much nicer than the plastic cheap pen.  It’s a high quality pencil (vs. the mini pencils you receive during Trivia, etc).  I embrace the change!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hvbaskey said:

The image in #8 is what we received and LOVED it ... much nicer than the plastic cheap pen.  It’s a high quality pencil (vs. the mini pencils you receive during Trivia, etc).  I embrace the change!

Doing a B2B on the Summit March/April 2020 so I'll see if we have a Celebrity pencil in our stateroom. We were on the Summit September 2019 and had the Celebrity pen in our stateroom at that time.