Cup Cake decorating Class

I booked onboard and only paid for my daughter. I still was given everything and made my own due to them having extras.  Think it will all depend on the day, but you can certainly pay for just one person. You may just only ge to assist, not make your own. 

I just booked my daughter when she was 8 .  I stayed and stood behind her to help occasionally- there was no charge.   

Ironically - when she was 6, she did 2 kids cupcake classes of Liberty and I did not stay for those - but they were smaller, more intimate (so easier to understand the baker).   She made 3 cupcakes for each class on liberty, she made a single cupcake at a higher price on Symphony!

My daughter was 7 when she did it. I didn’t participate but I stayed in the cafe where it took place and had a drink. My daughter was the youngest with maybe one other older kid and the rest were adults. They made a ‘cheeseburger and French fries.’  It was pretty elaborate. I definitely agree that it depends on who is onboard. The teacher was extremely helpful in assisting my daughter so I didn’t feel the need to help. It’s definitely worth the money though if your wife is interested at all in participating. 

5 hours ago, jsacco20 said:

My daughter was 7 when she did it. I didn’t participate but I stayed in the cafe where it took place and had a drink. My daughter was the youngest with maybe one other older kid and the rest were adults. They made a ‘cheeseburger and French fries.’  It was pretty elaborate. I definitely agree that it depends on who is onboard. The teacher was extremely helpful in assisting my daughter so I didn’t feel the need to help. It’s definitely worth the money though if your wife is interested at all in participating. 

I just signed up both my wife and granddaughter. I thought about just signing up our granddaughter but someone mentioned that they stood behind their child so they could assist if needed. My wife can't stand for long periods of time. I am sure both my wife and granddaughter will have a great time will enjoy

• Like 1

I don't see that as RC being inconsistent but the cupcake teacher having some leeway on it. If they are squeezing in a seat which just of this I can see them not allowing however, if its haft empty otherwise would be not used allowing a helper. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:02 PM, Host Clarea said:

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I just signed up both my wife and granddaughter. I thought about just signing up our granddaughter but someone mentioned that they stood behind their child so they could assist if needed. My wife can't stand for long periods of time. I am sure both my wife and granddaughter will have a great time will enjoy

I've done it and it is more fun if you each have your own set up vs. standing or sitting next to a person and not doing anything. It's $35 dollar, participate in my opinion 

38 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I've done it and it is more fun if you each have your own set up vs. standing or sitting next to a person and not doing anything. It's $35 dollar, participate in my opinion 

I'm hoping to try it on Allure. I've only ordered the terrier cupcake, never made one

35 minutes ago, Sun and Fun said:

We were debating this on our Jan 2021 cruise on Oasis. We are in Star Class - I "think" that it is complimentary for Star class. Can anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure it is not included

Edited by Tulsacoker

1 hour ago, Sun and Fun said:

We were debating this on our Jan 2021 cruise on Oasis. We are in Star Class - I "think" that it is complimentary for Star class. Can anyone confirm?

I'll know soon, but indications from past guests is a yes

On 1/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, molsonschooner said:

My wife is interested in doing the cup cake class with our granddaughter, who will be 6 years old when we cruise. If DW only assists the granddaughter does she have to pay for the class for herself as well as paying for granddaughter.

We did this on the Navigator in March of 2019. I was able to sit and watch while my kids (09 and 11) participated and I did not have to pay.