Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
molsonschooner

Cup Cake decorating Class

Recommended Posts

My wife is interested in doing the cup cake class with our granddaughter, who will be 6 years old when we cruise. If DW only assists the granddaughter does she have to pay for the class for herself as well as paying for granddaughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend was charged for attending with her two granddaughters ....  only wanted to help / be there with them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked onboard and only paid for my daughter. I still was given everything and made my own due to them having extras.  Think it will all depend on the day, but you can certainly pay for just one person. You may just only ge to assist, not make your own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molsonschooner said:

as usual, ask 2 people, get 2 different answers, thanks for the help.

 

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

I like that, and it seems so true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I like that, and it seems so true

 

Too many times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hopefully you get to make a Bella cupcake.

 

IMG_2867.jpg

 

maxresdefault.jpg

I think my granddaughter would love doing that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I think my granddaughter would love doing that

 

You can also order one, I'm obviously partial to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked my daughter when she was 8 .  I stayed and stood behind her to help occasionally- there was no charge.   

 

Ironically - when she was 6, she did 2 kids cupcake classes of Liberty and I did not stay for those - but they were smaller, more intimate (so easier to understand the baker).   She made 3 cupcakes for each class on liberty, she made a single cupcake at a higher price on Symphony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter was 7 when she did it. I didn’t participate but I stayed in the cafe where it took place and had a drink. My daughter was the youngest with maybe one other older kid and the rest were adults. They made a ‘cheeseburger and French fries.’  It was pretty elaborate. I definitely agree that it depends on who is onboard. The teacher was extremely helpful in assisting my daughter so I didn’t feel the need to help. It’s definitely worth the money though if your wife is interested at all in participating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Cup Cake Decorating Class often cancelled due to lack of participation?

On Oasis we became friends with a couple whose daughter wanted to do the class but was never able because of lack of participation.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jsacco20 said:

My daughter was 7 when she did it. I didn’t participate but I stayed in the cafe where it took place and had a drink. My daughter was the youngest with maybe one other older kid and the rest were adults. They made a ‘cheeseburger and French fries.’  It was pretty elaborate. I definitely agree that it depends on who is onboard. The teacher was extremely helpful in assisting my daughter so I didn’t feel the need to help. It’s definitely worth the money though if your wife is interested at all in participating. 

I just signed up both my wife and granddaughter. I thought about just signing up our granddaughter but someone mentioned that they stood behind their child so they could assist if needed. My wife can't stand for long periods of time. I am sure both my wife and granddaughter will have a great time will enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see that as RC being inconsistent but the cupcake teacher having some leeway on it. If they are squeezing in a seat which just of this I can see them not allowing however, if its haft empty otherwise would be not used allowing a helper. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:02 PM, Host Clarea said:

 

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I just signed up both my wife and granddaughter. I thought about just signing up our granddaughter but someone mentioned that they stood behind their child so they could assist if needed. My wife can't stand for long periods of time. I am sure both my wife and granddaughter will have a great time will enjoy

I've done it and it is more fun if you each have your own set up vs. standing or sitting next to a person and not doing anything. It's $35 dollar, participate in my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I've done it and it is more fun if you each have your own set up vs. standing or sitting next to a person and not doing anything. It's $35 dollar, participate in my opinion 

 

I'm hoping to try it on Allure. I've only ordered the terrier cupcake, never made one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were debating this on our Jan 2021 cruise on Oasis. We are in Star Class - I "think" that it is complimentary for Star class. Can anyone confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I'm hoping to try it on Allure. I've only ordered the terrier cupcake, never made one

Only problem is you end up with a dozen (or it seems) cups cakes. Too many to eat on a 7 day cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sun and Fun said:

We were debating this on our Jan 2021 cruise on Oasis. We are in Star Class - I "think" that it is complimentary for Star class. Can anyone confirm?

I'm pretty sure it is not included

Edited by Tulsacoker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sun and Fun said:

We were debating this on our Jan 2021 cruise on Oasis. We are in Star Class - I "think" that it is complimentary for Star class. Can anyone confirm?

 

I'll know soon, but indications from past guests is a yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Only problem is you end up with a dozen (or it seems) cups cakes. Too many to eat on a 7 day cruise.

 

We are on 12 days🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, molsonschooner said:

My wife is interested in doing the cup cake class with our granddaughter, who will be 6 years old when we cruise. If DW only assists the granddaughter does she have to pay for the class for herself as well as paying for granddaughter.

 

We did this on the Navigator in March of 2019. I was able to sit and watch while my kids (09 and 11) participated and I did not have to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We are on 12 days🤣

Have a wonderful time!! It will be our first Star Class so I am ready to soak in any knowledge you gain!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...