Kids Snorkeling

PhotoGal07

We're heading on our cruise to Nassau and Grand Bahama Island, as well as NCL's Great Stirrup Cay this November.  My 9 year old daughter is really interested in snorkeling, and I'd like to take her somewhere along the way and let her try it out a little bit.  Any suggestions on where to take her for her first trip?  Doesn't have to be the most amazing snorkeling, but I'd like it to be easy to access with decent amount of fish.  We'll also have my 7 year old with us as well, and it'd be great if he could get a mask on and snorkel with us, but we can split up for a few hours too if necessary.

I'm currently considering a taking her if we go to Atlantis, finding a private charter, or just grabbing some snorkel gear when we do Great Stirrup Cay, but any info you could provide on what would be good (or good to avoid) would be incredibly helpful.  

Great Stirrup Cay had decent snorkeling if you don't have high expectations. They had an artificial reef like structure installed to protect the beach. I haven't been there in over a decade, but I think it will fit your bill. Pro tip, snag a couple boxes of Cheerios from the buffet and open them up under water - the fish will swarm 🙂

We will be in Nassau the end of next month with our 7 and 5 year old and am interested in hearing about snorkeling opportunities. 

We were at Atlantis in February. I don't think I would pay to bring my kids there. The water park isn't worth the charge - crowded and unorganized was our experience.