Majesty mini review Jan 18-25, 2020

thrifty99

Glad you guys had a fun Christmas cruise.  I can see how the Majesty can be more fun with a family cruising together (it was just the 2 of us).  You guys came up with some fun things for yourselves which is awesome.

A quick note on refrigerators in cabins.  We did have one and we were in one of the Large Ocean View cabins on deck 9.  

On 1/31/2020 at 6:03 PM, thrifty99 said:

Glad you guys had a fun Christmas cruise.  I can see how the Majesty can be more fun with a family cruising together (it was just the 2 of us).  You guys came up with some fun things for yourselves which is awesome.

A quick note on refrigerators in cabins.  We did have one and we were in one of the Large Ocean View cabins on deck 9.  

We are family cruising on Majesty in June.  Thirty-five of us, if I’m remembering correctly.  Yes, we understand the ship is small, but the price is right, and we can all drive to the port in New Orleans.  Those of us who have previously cruised, regardless of cruise line, are trying to help answer questions for those who have never cruised.  

I’m hoping you can help me with an embarkation day question.  Do you happen to know if Windjammer buffet is the only lunch option on that day, or will the pizza and the deli place be open also?  I know some young kids who will be looking for pizza and one adult who refuses to eat at a buffet.  (Obviously, she can just east lunch in New Orleans, first, if Windjammer is the only choice.)

Thank you!

4 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I’m hoping you can help me with an embarkation day question.  Do you happen to know if Windjammer buffet is the only lunch option on that day, or will the pizza and the deli place be open also?  I know some young kids who will be looking for pizza and one adult who refuses to eat at a buffet.  (Obviously, she can just east lunch in New Orleans, first, if Windjammer is the only choice.)

Thank you!

The Pizza station was open on embarkation day.  Note that it is right above the Windjammer (sort of like the balcony of the Windjammer) so it shares seating in the same general area.  If the adult refuses to eat at a buffet due to potential germs from people all touching utensils, there are some areas of the buffet such as the sandwich / carving station where they have a crew member serving some food.  

As for the Deli upstairs around the corner from the Pizza station, I don't recall 100% if that was open on embarkation day but I'm pretty sure it was.  

You should have a fun time with a big group like that.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

The Pizza station was open on embarkation day.  Note that it is right above the Windjammer (sort of like the balcony of the Windjammer) so it shares seating in the same general area.  If the adult refuses to eat at a buffet due to potential germs from people all touching utensils, there are some areas of the buffet such as the sandwich / carving station where they have a crew member serving some food.  

As for the Deli upstairs around the corner from the Pizza station, I don't recall 100% if that was open on embarkation day but I'm pretty sure it was.  

You should have a fun time with a big group like that.  

Your reply was very helpful.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, thrifty99 said:

As I mentioned in another thread, the nightly Diamond event (food & drinks) had been held in the Viking Crown Lounge but they discontinued this the week we sailed.  Bad timing for us.  We enjoy the nightly Diamond event on other ships to chat with people before dinner.  The good news is I ate less as I tend to nibble during these nightly events and we still met great people while hanging out in the Schooner Bar before dinner.

@thrifty99 I am booked on this cruise in March and I wanted to make sure that I understand this correctly. There is no longer a Diamond event each night? Were you able to get the diamond reward drinks at other bars?  Were there any diamond gatherings? We've not been on a small ship in 10 years. We would sure hate not to have the diamond level things we are used to.

6 hours ago, karenemily said:

@thrifty99 I am booked on this cruise in March and I wanted to make sure that I understand this correctly. There is no longer a Diamond event each night? Were you able to get the diamond reward drinks at other bars?  Were there any diamond gatherings? We've not been on a small ship in 10 years. We would sure hate not to have the diamond level things we are used to.

Correct - no longer a nightly Diamond event. You still get the 3 drinks nightly at any bar or at dinner during Happy Hour times. 

We had no Diamond events / gatherings on this cruise. 

Attached are the Diamond benefits offered on this ship. 

68EFB3A1-6424-4688-BE09-F9EC162241EA.jpeg

We had a little issue with the Wash&Fold. They gave us a bag and regular price list. No explanation. We called down to GS and they told us to write Diamond+ -Free on the slip. I thought the explanation and lack of instructions for the laundry bag were a little....weak. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:59 AM, thrifty99 said:

Unfortunately, the windy weather prevented us from going to Nassau after Coco Cay.  This was fine with us as Nassau along with Cozumel are our 2 least favorite ports.  We were docked next to Mariner in Coco Cay and they made it to Nassau that night.  I’m not sure why we could not make it… maybe Royal didn’t have another port spot available for overnight.  The captain made some comment about not having enough time / speed of the ship in regards to making it too Nassau.  Maybe we could not get there as fast as Mariner to beat the higher winds that we’re coming.

Mariner getting into Nassau that night and overnighting had nothing to do to the weather or high winds that were coming. Mariner was scheduled to arrive in Nassau at about 8:00 am. Shortly after leaving Coco Cay there was a medical emergency onboard. The captain kicked it up and got into Nassau at 9:00 pm to get the patient to a needed hospital.