Grand Palladium All Inclusive Day Pass in Montego Bay

thymcruisers

6 minutes ago, thymcruisers said:

I've searched the Montego Bay Carnival Shore Excursions and have found nothing on the Grand Palladium All Inclusive Day Pass in Montego Bay.  Has anyone done this thru Carnival … would appreciate your comments both good and bad!  THANKS!!

check the 2nd post in this thread:

I noticed the price difference between the "other" site and Carnival - (20.00 pp cheaper) - but wanted the assurance that we'd get back to ship on time. I hadn't thought about the price match guarantee from Carnival.  

Your thoughts on the Grand Palladium - good? bad?  

Thanks!

1 minute ago, thymcruisers said:

I noticed the price difference between the "other" site and Carnival - (20.00 pp cheaper) - but wanted the assurance that we'd get back to ship on time. I hadn't thought about the price match guarantee from Carnival.  

Thanks!

I haven’t been. It was @bakersdozen12 that posted it.

1 hour ago, thymcruisers said:

Thanks!

Since we could price match with Carnival, I booked with Carnival simply to have to peace of mind that we would not be late returning to the ship. As it turns out, we were late returning to the ship. For two reasons. One, there was one family that couldn’t seem to adhere to the return shuttle meeting time at the resort. In my experience, there is always someone who can follow directions. Also, and this is the only part of the excursion that I wasn’t happy with: lady who greeted us both before and after the tour, and rode with us both ways, decided to stop at a convenience/souvenir store on the way back. She said that she was doing so because someone asked her where they could buy Jamaican coffee, but I suspect it’s because she has a friend that owns this store. Anyway, what was supposed to be a quick 10 minute stop turned into 30+ minutes. Because again, people cannot be bothered to come back to the bus on time. Anyway, we were late getting back to port which really annoyed me because even though Carnival was guaranteed to wait for us, I feel that it was rude to knowingly abuse this policy. Because I do feel that the tour guide new we would end up late, as she reminded people even before stopping at the store that Carnival would wait for us. 

Anyway, this aside, I did very much enjoy the resort itself. The drinks were very good, and the waiters were attentive both near the pools and on the beach. The water at the beach wasn’t the clearest I have been in, which makes for less than stellar snorkeling, but it was overcast that day so I’m sure that was a part of it. The jerk chicken we had for lunch was delicious. I would definitely go back to this place again, and would recommend it. 

• Like 1

I stayed five days at the Grand Palladium Jamaica. Hands down the best resort I've been to. Great food, great beaches, great service. If I weren't going on a cruise, I'd be going back for my next vacation.

If you're snorkeling and see a pile of shells outside a hole, take a peek! There's an octopus inside 🙂