Thermal Suite and Spa

ilv4cruising

Hi,

We will be sailing on the N.A. soon.  I see you can now book the Thermal Suites ahead of time.  It has been a few years that we have been on a HAL ship with the Thermal Suites but I recall that there was special pricing booking at the spa the first day onboard.

Is that still true?  Trying do decide if we should book it ahead or not.

Thanks in advance.

It is usually less expensive to purchase the Thermal Suite pass once on board (on the first day only).  If you do purchase prior to embarkation and the cost on board is less, mention it to one of the spa attendants or Guest Services desk and the difference will be credited to you in the form of on board credit.

CC members have been reporting that the on line price you pay prior to boarding is now cheaper than embarkation.  That wasn’t the case in the past so it may be worth pre-booking and checking when you are on board and if it is cheaper, the staff will adjust it as taxmantoo said.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Do they only sell a limited number of passes?

On another line, I purchased a couple of day passes but found the facilities to be too crowded to fully enjoy....

They say they limit the passes, but I have no idea what that limit is. I tend to go in the morning when it's quiet. If I'm alone, I don't always turn on the bubbles right away, just sit in the warm water for a while first. It can get busy in the afternoon on a port day if a lot of people return and once and decide to soak in the spa. 

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Do they only sell a limited number of passes?

On another line, I purchased a couple of day passes but found the facilities to be too crowded to fully enjoy....

When I was on the Westerdam and used the pass, I was told it was limited to 35.

There weren’t a lot of the names on the sheet when I signed up with my roll call partner which really surprised me as it was a 33 day South Pacific cruise with a lot of sea days.

I went at various times for my elbow exercises.  I had it to myself in the early morning.  If I went later there could have been a maximum of 8 in the pool.  It wasn’t crowded by any means 😉. And I hate crowds.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, kazu said:

CC members have been reporting that the on line price you pay prior to boarding is now cheaper than embarkation.  That wasn’t the case in the past so it may be worth pre-booking and checking when you are on board and if it is cheaper, the staff will adjust it as taxmantoo said.

Great to know.  I'll check it out.  Thanks,

On 1/26/2020 at 6:04 PM, FlaMariner said:

We were on the Nieuw Statendam in October.

We bought the Thermal Suite package online prior to cruising.

The price at embarkation was more than what we paid online.

Hi,  May I ask what you paid and what the price was at embarkation and how many days did you purchase it for?  Unfortunately we are booked on a B2B and it appears I can't buy it online for the full 14 days.  So I will probably have to phone. 

thanks

35 minutes ago, ilv4cruising said:

Hi,  May I ask what you paid and what the price was at embarkation and how many days did you purchase it for?  Unfortunately we are booked on a B2B and it appears I can't buy it online for the full 14 days.  So I will probably have to phone. 

thanks

I had the same situation. Try booking the 1st week and it may go thru. If it does, book the 2nd week.

38 minutes ago, ilv4cruising said:

thanks

We are trying to remember.....it was the 2 week TA...I do recall that the savings was around $30 less buying pre-board than the price on embarkation day.  Thinking around $300.....couples pass.

This was the first time we bought "pre-board" because we read on here about the lower price "pre-board".  I had my paperwork with me when we took the embarkation spa tour and was glad to see that yes, we did save a few bucks by buying early.  I've read on here also that if the price turns out to be lower on board, they will adjust.  Bring your receipt.

I'm sorry we can't recall the amount.....but I do recall it was worth every cent and we wore the pass out.

Smooth sailing......

For the first time I just bought my thermal suite pass online.  Sailing on the Koningsdam this Sunday.  A ten day single pass was $199.  Will let you know if I find out this is the better way to do it.  Many years ago I bought my pass by calling HAL.  When I got onboard, I was given a discounted price.  So usually I wait to sail before purchasing.  Every bit of savings helps, eh?  Especially for a solo passenger.

Hi All,

Thank you for the information.  Here is my update.

We are booked for a 14 day B2B cruise.  When I went online the only price that was available was for 7 days.  I phone ship services and got a quote for the 14 days.  However, they also told me that the computer system can't handle booking the Thermal for the full 14 days.  I was told we could book it for the 7 days (which the 7 days x 2 is more expensive than the 14 day package) but when we get on board we can go to the Spa and they will only charge us the difference of the 14 days.  They also said if it is cheaper on board we will get that price. 

So currently I have booked the 7 day and will go armed with this information and hope it all works out.  🙂

Happy sailing