Cruising in 5 days — friend cancelled

FTLCruiseGal

Okay, so I booked a solo cruise.  I paid in full.  After final payment, a friend decided she wanted to join me.  I just had to pay her taxes and port fees — no biggie.  Well, set to sail on Friday, and she cannot get off work.  Should I cancel her, or just have her be a no-show.  I don’t think I would be out any money as I already paid the double fare, but don’t know for sure.  Does anyone know?

also, I completed the on-line check-in before she decided to come along.  I printed my boarding pass.  She has not done the on-line check-in; can I board with my old boarding pass?

sorry if this is confusing.

Let her be a no show.  Do not cancel the 2nd person.  Even though you originally booked as a solo and paid double the rate, you are no longer in that category.  According to Carnival, each of you paid half of the total cost.  If you cancel her, they COULD charge her a penalty for the cost of her portion of the cruise.  Now you are solo and they could come back and charge you for the solo supplement.  The chances aren't high that they would do that, but legally they could.  I've also read about someone it happened to.

• Like 1