Reprice a room

wayno101

If it is after final payment they may not drop your price.   However, you might be able to get an upgrade if you find a cabin in a higher category for at least $1 more.  Always call and do not attempt to do this online. 

20 hours ago, rose6 said:

If it is after final payment they may not drop your price.   However, you might be able to get an upgrade if you find a cabin in a higher category for at least $1 more.  Always call and do not attempt to do this online. 

No, you can upgrade is the higher level is less than you paid also.

But you do not get any refund of the difference.

My TA always keeps an eye on any price lowering. Once you make your final payment. That is usually final. However, my TA was able to get the difference in OBC for me. $600.00 Only happened once. Last time she called and saved me over $1,900.00 removing the free soda and coffee packages, removing $150.00 OBC offered by the cruise line and removing the pre paid gratuities. Cruise went down $1,900.00 A lot of money savings for sure. I then purchased the soda package and my wife will only have one or two cappuccino coffees on a cruise. No cruise line would ever have done that. Before I was lucky to find this person I checked daily on price changes and OBC and perks. A TA will get any changes before it is posted.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, rose6 said:

If it is after final payment they may not drop your price. 

We were within about three weeks of embarking when the price went down $400pp. I contacted my O rep and he offered either $800 OBC for the coming cruise  or $800 off the price of the future cruise I'd already booked. I took the latter.

A few weeks ago I  noticed that the price for my cabin had gone down about $300 per person, l called my travel agent who spoke with royal rep.  Royal refused any compensation or obc and would only consider category  upgrade.

13 minutes ago, rose6 said:

A few weeks ago I  noticed that the price for my cabin had gone down about $300 per person, l called my travel agent who spoke with royal rep.  Royal refused any compensation or obc and would only consider category  upgrade.

Wow, we just had our first Oceania cruise and I guess my experience vs. yours tells me something about the two lines. Thanks for sharing.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, wayno101 said:

Thanks!

I have months before final payment. So I will just keep watch on the prices.

This is where booking through a travel agent has been great for me.   Mine emails me and just lets me know she has credited by bank account, as she checks for prices drops for me regularly.

11 hours ago, rose6 said:

Was this after final payment? If so, that's exactly what the contract of carriage specifies; no price drops after final payment due date, but category upgrades are still available.

12 hours ago, clo said:

Wow, we just had our first Oceania cruise and I guess my experience vs. yours tells me something about the two lines. Thanks for sharing.

So,  wait, your experience was not on RCI? Why are you posting here?

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

Was this after final payment? If so, that's exactly what the contract of carriage specifies; no price drops after final payment due date, but category upgrades are still available.

Not sure if this is a unique situation, however, I got a credit card refund on a cruise I booked about a month after the final payment due date. Saw a decent rate and booked , the very next day there was a price reduction, I called Royal and managed to get the difference refunded. Is there a 24 hour rate guarantee, that made this possible.