Cruise Critic Community

Does anyone know if Kraken rum is still covered with the drink package? I really want to have Kraken coladas, but I don’t see Kraken listed as a covered rum on the deluxe beverage package on Royal’s website.

I drank Kraken with Diet Coke and in coladas on Oasis on the deluxe beverage plan.  Sometimes I got Kraken when asking for dark rum and Diet Coke.  They would just reach for the Kraken.  This was about 9 months ago.

Still covered, thank goodness!

Release the Kraken!

Edited by twangster

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

Still covered, thank goodness!

Release the Kraken!

My son's drink of choice. Drank a gallon on Serenade TA last year

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

My son's drink of choice. Drank a gallon on Serenade TA last year

Only rum I drink.  

Can anyone state definitively what the current dollar limit is for a drink on the deluxe drink package. I have received vague answers or old prices when asking on other threads. Not interested in what it was a year ago or on other ships, just the Harmony. Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Can anyone state definitively what the current dollar limit is for a drink on the deluxe drink package. I have received vague answers or old prices when asking on other threads. Not interested in what it was a year ago or on other ships, just the Harmony. Thanks. 

$13, unless it's Tuesday after a full moon.

Kraken was available on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  Personally I prefer the Bacardi 8.  If you have the deluxe package, try them all!

Never let them give you the rail liquor.  Always ask for something particular.

I saw an Oaked Vodka behind the bar.  Had to try it.  Not a vodka fan, but that made the best bloody mary's.  Especially with clamato instead of the acidic tomato juice.

The price point was either $12 or $13.  I forget.  I do remember that the only more expensive things was just $1 more.  So don't worry too much about the price break since it is minimal.

Learn something every day.  Never heard of this rum.  Is it smooth tasting?

55 minutes ago, James4me said:

very smooth....

If you like rum and Coke/Diet Coke - try it with any of the root beers available from the Freestyle machines - my favorite is Kraken with diet vanilla root beer - last cruise the bar tenders had the shots ready for me to add to my drink cup before I made it to the bar.  :classic_smile:

On Harmony with the deluxe drink package we ordered many rum frozen drinks and specified Kraken with no problems. It is our favorite rum!

1 hour ago, James4me said:

Kraken is a spiced rum.  Pretty tasty if you are looking for that sort of thing.   I would not be happy if I asked for a rum & coke and received Kraken (or any spiced rum) & coke instead.   

5 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

Kraken was available on Serenade a couple of weeks ago.  Personally I prefer the Bacardi 8.  If you have the deluxe package, try them all!

Never let them give you the rail liquor.  Always ask for something particular.

I saw an Oaked Vodka behind the bar.  Had to try it.  Not a vodka fan, but that made the best bloody mary's.  Especially with clamato instead of the acidic tomato juice.

The price point was either $12 or $13.  I forget.  I do remember that the only more expensive things was just $1 more.  So don't worry too much about the price break since it is minimal.

Just a side point. If you use "Clamato" juice, it's a "Bloody Caesar" not a "Bloody Mary". Purely a Canadian thing.... Oops. I'm Canadian.😎