Live from the Sky Princess, January 25 to Feb 1, 2020

BikeTreker

The Bistro is very nice.  We were lucky to dine al fresco.  We were docked until 10pm and the weather was perfect.  They tend not to serve outside on sea days or in windy or bad weather.  We specifically asked to be seated outside and they honored our request.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

if I remember, that's a nice easy walk around the water from Havensight to the town?

we've walked over then cabbed it back

Yes, although a little scary with the sidewalk construction and traffic barreling through there.

Forced to cross the main street a couple of times.

Yeah last time we caught a taxi back too.

As far as the Sanctuary is concerned I discussed it in one of my blog entries.  Simply said, you need to get there, in line, ASAP once you board the ship.  The situation is that those on back-to-back cruises get a jump on the rest of us.  The line starts moving at 12pm.  By the time we got there at 11:40 there were a number of people ahead of us and when we reached the lady handling sign up there were almost no lounges left for the entire trip.

So far, regarding shows, we saw a comedian who was very entertaining the first evening on board.  We were at the 6:30 show.  The next night was a production show, 5 Skys, which, in my opinion was excellent.  I will comment on it later in the blog.  All I can say, however, is if you want a good seat get there early.  We arrived only about 10 minutes ahead and the entire theater was on the verge of overflowing with people.  

The other two nights we did not go to the shows.  One night they had a magician and last night was a female vocalist.  We did not go last night as we were late in St. Thomas and chose to dine at the show hour.

If you are following along, I just posted our day in St. Maarten.  Later I will be posting photos of the ship and of the Chef’s dinner.  You can find all my posts at www.travelswithcappy.com.  Just to tease you a little I thought I would give you a glimpse of a sunset photo taken from our balcony as we sailed.  Enjoy.E76306C3-FC22-47A6-8A03-A488E53BC9FC.thumb.jpeg.3670556605594d2ed268b8e49843cd03.jpeg

Just caught up on your Sky Princess Pictorial Travel Journal - great way to document your trip!  Is it through a blog hosting service where you purchase your own domain name and web hosting service?  

In re: to your description of the Sanctuary, it sounds you can pre-book a lounger for the entire length of your cruise or for certain days ahead of time - correct?  If you reserve a Cabana, can you specify/request a particular Cabana (i.e. looking for one with the best view so to speak). 

If you've cruised with Princess since the 80's you must remember the Fair Princess … lol.  What a ship 🙂 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, BikeTreker said:

As far as the Sanctuary is concerned I discussed it in one of my blog entries.  Simply said, you need to get there, in line, ASAP once you board the ship.  The situation is that those on back-to-back cruises get a jump on the rest of us.  The line starts moving at 12pm.  By the time we got there at 11:40 there were a number of people ahead of us and when we reached the lady handling sign up there were almost no lounges left for the entire trip.

So far, regarding shows, we saw a comedian who was very entertaining the first evening on board.  We were at the 6:30 show.  The next night was a production show, 5 Skys, which, in my opinion was excellent.  I will comment on it later in the blog.  All I can say, however, is if you want a good seat get there early.  We arrived only about 10 minutes ahead and the entire theater was on the verge of overflowing with people.  

The other two nights we did not go to the shows.  One night they had a magician and last night was a female vocalist.  We did not go last night as we were late in St. Thomas and chose to dine at the show hour.

Thank you for the information and wonderful photos

On 1/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, BikeTreker said:

Thanks so much for all the pics and info. We'll be on the TA in April.  For the Sanctuary, I couldn't find that your blog.  Do you think it's worth signing up for a 1/2 day? I've never done the sanctuary, but am curious.  Also, where do you go to reserve that once you get on board?

Appreciate your answers to all of our questions!!

On 1/31/2020 at 8:49 AM, BikeTreker said:

If you are interested in the Chef’s Table on the Sky, I just posted a blog piece on our experience, loaded with photos of the food.  It was an enjoyable evening.  You can see the post at www.travelswithcappy.com.  Let me know what you think.

I  usually do the Chef’s dinner on each cruise. I’ve done one cruise where I had a list for our Cruise Critic Members & they did a dinner just for us. All of the food melts in your mouth. Excellent photos. 

Tom😀