Coronavirus

Trend

32 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thank you Azamara, late in the day but a fair response.  For the moment I will not be cancelling until I see how things shape out in the next four weeks.

Agreed, we are only 11 days away from our cruise but at least we have a little time to make a decision for which we are grateful. We have caring responsibilities and that has been one of our main concerns if we were quarantined. At least we have a little time to evaluate and see how things pan out, I just feel for anyone who has cancelled and lost their money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doh15 said:

This is my question as well. Here is a FAQ from Royal Caribbean but it doesn’t cover that—

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/cruise-with-confidence

CNBC, the stock market station, said VP Mike Pence is meeting with the Cruise Industry in Ft. Lauderdale Florida Sat.

Call his office or your local congress person and let them know how frustrating it is dealing with the crises

Did anyone get answers about what Azamara is doing about port closures for the March 17 sail? We are on that cruise and I'd rather they face it and maybe book another port in Oman. I think MSC did that for the next few weeks. Will be really upset if we have a few more sea days when they could have rearranged things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, garlinn said:

If you look at Celebrity's FAQ it might clarify it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Interesting, thanks.  I read that as saying they will help you change your Choice Air flight with no change fee.

But to me that sound like it would only help if I knew at the time of cancellation what flight I wanted to rebook to?

If I cancel a July cruise/flight I will get an FCC good for 18 months, but do I need to rebook my flight immediately or will they also give me a credit for the cost of my flight that is good for 18 months?

So if Azamara's new cruise with confidence policy is similar to that of Celebrity's posted above and I am interpreting it correctly, then if I cancelled during the 50% penalty window  I would receive a 50% credit card refund and a 50% FCC to be used before 12/31/2021.  Guess we need to wait for Azamara's release. 

15 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

So if Azamara's new cruise with confidence policy is similar to that of Celebrity's posted above and I am interpreting it correctly, then if I cancelled during the 50% penalty window  I would receive a 50% credit card refund and a 50% FCC to be used before 12/31/2021.  Guess we need to wait for Azamara's release. 

I am still confused- If we cancel within 30 days isn't that a %100 percent penalty in which case we would get it all back in the form of FCC?

8 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

I am still confused- If we cancel within 30 days isn't that a %100 percent penalty in which case we would get it all back in the form of FCC?

Yes, but I am in a different cancellation window than you are.  

11 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

I believe this to be true - 100% in the form of a FCC depending on your cancellation window.  My issue with this is that we booked air on our own and will incur fees to reinstate our miles, as well as the fact that we purchased extra legroom seats.  If we cancel, we will not be able to get that money back.  I'm wondering if we wait until they cancel, will we have more leverage to get back our expenses.

Edited by kaceyisme

30 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

i just spoke to someone who cancelled a cruise within the 50% window and she was only offered a 100% FCC plus they cancelled choice air and waived the cancellation fees. So you won't get 50% back in cash, only FCC even if you cancel in the 50% or 25% window.

38 minutes ago, Doh15 said:

Interesting, thanks.  I read that as saying they will help you change your Choice Air flight with no change fee.

But to me that sound like it would only help if I knew at the time of cancellation what flight I wanted to rebook to?

If I cancel a July cruise/flight I will get an FCC good for 18 months, but do I need to rebook my flight immediately or will they also give me a credit for the cost of my flight that is good for 18 months?

they will cancel choice air and waive the fees. (See my post above). This is from someone who just cancelled in the 50% window.

Edited by ptrpanpens
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

they will cancel choice air and waive the fees. (See my post above). This is from someone who just cancelled in the 50% window.

Thanks!

Have you decided what you are going to do for that Baltic cruise?

13 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

i just spoke to someone who cancelled a cruise within the 50% window and she was only offered a 100% FCC plus they cancelled choice air and waived the cancellation fees. So you won't get 50% back in cash, only FCC even if you cancel in the 50% or 25% window.

Thanks.  I was afraid of that.  Unfortunately, taking the original 50% cash in hand might be better than taking a 100% FCC if the  industry goes Chapter 7.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eanselm said:

Just read this on Yahoo Finance about a change being announced later today by Royal that also includes Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-group-adopts-cruise-150000635.html

It indicates cancellations will be allowed up to 48 hours prior to cruise date for cruises through June with credit given for rebook in 2020 or 2021

Thanks for the link.

No notification from Azamara and we are due to sail on 17 March.

2 hours ago, lparent71 said:

Did anyone get answers about what Azamara is doing about port closures for the March 17 sail? We are on that cruise and I'd rather they face it and maybe book another port in Oman. I think MSC did that for the next few weeks. Will be really upset if we have a few more sea days when they could have rearranged things.

NO !

I have not had any response to my post yesterday asking Bonnie if she could find answers to some questions including that one.

2 hours ago, kaceyisme said:

I believe this to be true - 100% in the form of a FCC depending on your cancellation window.  My issue with this is that we booked air on our own and will incur fees to reinstate our miles, as well as the fact that we purchased extra legroom seats.  If we cancel, we will not be able to get that money back.  I'm wondering if we wait until they cancel, will we have more leverage to get back our expenses.

We are wondering the same thing regarding points and airline miles. Plus prepaid hotels before and after the cruise.

1 minute ago, asnaleah said:

We are wondering the same thing regarding points and airline miles. Plus prepaid hotels before and after the cruise.

i have been through a similar situation before on Celebrity and they gave me compensation for my $200 change fees but nothing else. They are not going to pay for nonrefundable hotel costs, which are booked at the choice of the cruiser. Personally, i never book nonrefundable hotels unless it is only a day or two before, never far in advance. Not worth taking a chance of losing it as hotels are usually inflexible in this matter.

• Like 3