Morning in St Thomas

Moomduck1

Hi,

We are on NCL Gem in March. Our stop in St Thomas is listed as 7am to 1pm. That's a small amount of time for a port. My initial thought was to go to a beach, but I realized that we'd be there in the morning. Are the temperatures typically warm enough? We have snow in March where I live, so it's hard to have a point of reference! Clearly, it's the Caribbean, but I wasn't sure if it was swimming weather. Should I be nervous doing something on our own (not a ship excursion) with the short time in port? Thanks in advance!

It will absolutely be warm enough for a short but lovely beach day.  True Virgin Islanders will think the sea water a bit too chilly that time of year and that time of day, but everyone else will find it perfect. Temps will be in the low 80’s even that early in the day.  Grab beach towels from your ship, jump in a taxi, and tell him you want to go to the closest pretty beach. Have fun,  

You can just hop a shared safari taxi going to one of the beaches. You will dock at WICO (Havensight) and it's a 20 - 25 minute taxi to gorgeous Sapphire and a little less to Magens Bay. If you are off the ship early you can enjoy a few hours, and taxis will be there for your return.

The ocean is warm year-round and the beaches of STT are worth a visit!