Jump to content

10 Year Old Coffee Card


rachel_95762
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

After August 31, 2019 NO coffee cards are any good. Lots of info here on CC regarding this change.

 

I've had a different experience with this.  I still have couple of old coffee cards and just took one of them with me on a cruise back in October.  I went to the IC and I said to the barista, 'you don't have to but was just wondering if you still took old coffee cards'.  He smiled and told me to write my name on the back on the card and took it and put it in a cup back by the ordering screen.  You did have to give it up and at the end of the cruise, completely used or not, nobody would get it back.  They found it whenever we went up to the IC for our coffee, punched it and placed it back in the cup.  We still have a couple cards left ... and a cruise booked for this summer in which we don't have the beverage package, so we might try it again.  If they say no, that's fine ... I refuse to chastise anyone for just doing their job.  If they say yes ... well, yooohooo!! 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I personally witnessed someone using their old card, on board the Grand Princess, this month.  I was surprised to see it was accepted.  If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

 

The situation that I wrote about above also happened to be on the Grand.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I personally witnessed someone using their old card, on board the Grand Princess, this month.  I was surprised to see it was accepted.  If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

I was on the same cruise and saw the same thing..  Now I question why I gave away my last 7 cards 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nini said:

Darn! I store it with my passport so  I do not lose it.  Bittersweet...

If I found a 10 year old coffee card next to my passport, I would be more worried about the validity of said passport, rather than whether I could spend the coffee card! 😉 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Is there a chance that partiebarbie & LARGIN saw Cruise Raider using his/hers?  Or are they just still that prevalent out there?

 

I don't know about Largin but we've not had the pleasure of sailing on a cruise with PartyBarbie yet.  

 

PS ... there were about 20 cards in that cup on the cruise I was on.  I still have 2 cards left, one half used and the other one is unused.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

 

I don't know about Largin but we've not had the pleasure of sailing on a cruise with PartyBarbie yet.  

 

PS ... there were about 20 cards in that cup on the cruise I was on.  I still have 2 cards left, one half used and the other one is unused.  

 

So how were they issued in the past?  Did one buy them like they buy a coffee package today?  I don't understand how some people mass more than 1-2?  I would think you'd use them prior to acquiring any new ones.  Unless they were given out via elite benefits and are leftovers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

 

So how were they issued in the past?  Did one buy them like they buy a coffee package today?  I don't understand how some people mass more than 1-2?  I would think you'd use them prior to acquiring any new ones.  Unless they were given out via elite benefits and are leftovers?

 

They were elite / suite benefits for trading in our mini bar when we had the beverage package.  Once they announced they were being discontinued, we didn't trade them in any longer.  But, we still had like 4 old ones.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...