Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
SweetsugarNL

Rapsody free cookies and ice cream in Windjammer?

I read this on the dining section on cruise critic "Waiters circulate among the tables with trays of soft drinks (for an extra fee) or cookies; an ice cream cart, where you can choose your own toppings, also makes the rounds at lunch." Is this ice cream also for a fee?

I have never seen waiters roaming the Windjammer with an ice cream cart. However, I have always seen ice cream, and all kinds of toppings, on the dessert bar. Ice cream on the dessert bar is free.

8 minutes ago, SweetsugarNL said:

I read this on the dining section on cruise critic "Waiters circulate among the tables with trays of soft drinks (for an extra fee) or cookies; an ice cream cart, where you can choose your own toppings, also makes the rounds at lunch." Is this ice cream also for a fee?

On Oasis over Christmas they had waiters with ice cream on a cart in the WJ.  Yes it was free.

I have not seen that on US based cruises but there is a ice cream station manned at the back of WJ 

Every now and then,  we see a waiter walking around Windjammer with a tray of cookies. It seems like a very nice touch.  

i’ve never seen an ice cream cart wheeled around. There are some days that  an ice cream table is in the wind jammer at lunch.  I believe ice cream and toppings are generally available at dinner

enjoy

n

On the Vision (Rhapsody twin) TA a few years ago they were passing out Skyr (Icelandic yogurt) and ice cream in the Windjammer at lunch.