list your negatives about the summit

luckyinpa

4 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

with 10 days i def gotta try the little chef making the food. but i do worry which menu ill have, i need the filet. ive read the mixed reviews of tuscan but will have to try it myself. so thats 2 nites. 3 will be in port. so thats 5 taken care of. 1 in MDR and 1 in buffet at a minimum so thats 7.  and the rest will have to be based on the experiences of the past, once on board. def have to try room service and the pool grill.  

one thing i havent seen much research on the forum is bfast and lunch in mdr. where im looking forward to wearing shorts 🙂

You can wear your shorts to breakfast or lunch in the MDR and buffet...

Remember you can also enjoy breakfast and lunch/dinner in your room (charge 11pm to 6pm) from room service. If the MDR is open the menu is expanded from the ‘all day’ options to the MDR menu.

The pool grill gets busy on sea days but the queues do move swiftly...

We rarely bother with the MDR breakfast or lunch menu...we generally have our ‘big meal’ in the evening and prefer the speed/choice/flexibility of Oceanview or room service for breakfast or lunch.

7 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Remember you can also enjoy breakfast and lunch/dinner in your room (charge 11pm to 6pm) from room service. If the MDR is open the menu is expanded from the ‘all day’ options to the MDR menu.

do you mean when MDR is open you can get room service from the MDR menu?

"Sometimes the food set up in the buffet didn't make sense, especially the Mexican day. The plates would be with the salsa, sour cream and guacamole and the shells and beef and beans would be at the other end."

This has been the case on every Celebrity ship I've ever sailed on in the Mexican food section.  Wish they would get a clue.  Or actually construct a taco sometime!  We all just shake our heads and change places to get what we need.

Just off the Summit and although you are looking for negatives, I have none.  The ship was beautiful in all her new glory; but the staff made it a platinum star!

Top Down the staff are visible, friendly, and interactive - this is felt throughout the ship and the service was stellar.  One of my favourite cruises in a long time.  

Ship is great - staff takes it to infinity and beyond!

We really like sailing on the Summit, before and post refurb, but, our needs include an accessible room which Celebrity gets an F. While this applies to a limited audience, the doors on accessible cabins are manual(on S & E class they have electronic doors) heavy, and difficult to keep open when entering and leaving. The door saddle is too high to roll over needing additional assistance, I would like to invite Lisa to sit in a wheelchair and try to use the door when she is on the Summit on June 16th, 2020. Our travels had us on the Summit in October(2019) and again in December(2019), with four bookings on the Summit this year(June 6, August 16, October 17, November 28, but again we are considering canceling at least two of these cruises due to the door situation. One more item on this rant, why put an accessible cabin, 9146(the only accessible cabin in aqua) as far away from the elevators as possible? Done

Hal