Which Days are Gala Nights on Baltic Cruise?

Tom O.

We are booked for our first Baltic cruise next summer on the Zuiderdam, 10 days out of Copenhagen. Can someone tell me which days will be the Gala nights?

I am guessing they will be the two "at sea" days. The "at sea" days occur on Day 2 (the day after embarkation), and Day 7 (the day after we leave Stockholm). But I would like to know for sure.

I want to know in advance because I want to schedule a couple of nights at the Pinnacle Grill, and prefer that they are not on Gala Nights.

Edited by Tom O.

My experience is always sea days- so think you can safely book other nights in specialty dining and they will certainly move you to another night if it should conflict.  (I don’t book specialty dining on gala nights either! 😊)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Very likely the Gala nights will be the sea days.

28 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

My experience is always sea days- so think you can safely book other nights in specialty dining and they will certainly move you to another night if it should conflict.  (I don’t book specialty dining on gala nights either! 😊)

Thanks Bruce and Gigi. Your input is very helpful.

19 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I would expect there to be three Gala nights on a 10-night cruise. Is there some day you are leaving port early? If so, that could be a Gala night, too. 

Thanks Ruth for reminding me there would probably be a 3rd Gala Night. I checked our itinerary and on day 6 we will leave Helsinki at 4 pm, that could be a Gala Night. I was incorrect in my original post, our 2nd at sea day is on day 8.

But it would seem odd to have 2 Gala Nights with only one day in between.

Oh well, I will try to guess which days are best for our specialty restaurant dinners, and like Gigi suggested, if I am wrong, I will call and change the reservation.