Port Everglades-private car/limo service?

Chippytoes

Can anyone (that has actually used the service), suggest a good, reputable private car/limo service that can service Port Everglades to FLL? Go Shuttle has some pretty bad reviews on Google, and of course that's who I thinking about using. Completely aware of Uber/Lyft, but I'm looking for something I can reserve ahead of time and not deal with the masses all trying to get Uber/Lyft. TY! 

Taxi fare - even for larger van/SUV taxis - will be about $15+ on the meter.  Add a reasonable fare and you are at about $20 for the cab.  The short distance/low fare is why most of the limo companies don't bother soliciting for the business.

Larry’s Limos provides excellent service but for a fifteen minute ride it’s definitely not worth it going from Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades. A taxi will run you less than twenty dollars plus tip. Save the limo ride for a longer trip.

2 hours ago, Chippytoes said:

Thanks for the responses! Good to know, as I've never cruised out of this port before. 

First time out of Port Everglades? Easy Peasy……...no worries.  Cabs go there every day:classic_biggrin:

On 1/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, JohninDC said:

Taxi fare - even for larger van/SUV taxis - will be about $15+ on the meter.  Add a reasonable fare and you are at about $20 for the cab.  The short distance/low fare is why most of the limo companies don't bother soliciting for the business.

Are the larger suv taxi's readily available at the airport??  We have 4 people with probably 8 luggage  I doubt we will fit in a regular taxi.  of course other option is to take 2 taxi's.  Do you know if there is a cvs or walgreens on the way to the port?  We wanted to get some canned drinks and wine.  Do the taxi's mind stopping???  thank you!

34 minutes ago, isladonna said:

Are the larger suv taxi's readily available at the airport??  We have 4 people with probably 8 luggage  I doubt we will fit in a regular taxi.  of course other option is to take 2 taxi's.  Do you know if there is a cvs or walgreens on the way to the port?  We wanted to get some canned drinks and wine.  Do the taxi's mind stopping???  thank you!

You will have to speak with the guy at the Taxi Stand and tell him you have 4 people with 8 pieces of luggage....

I can't remember if they have larger vehicles or not.  As for stopping at the store? There are stores but just

remember your taxi is metered so however long it takes? You will be paying for a much longer ride than just

from airport to the port.  Are you arriving the day of your cruise?

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

You will have to speak with the guy at the Taxi Stand and tell him you have 4 people with 8 pieces of luggage....

I can't remember if they have larger vehicles or not.  As for stopping at the store? There are stores but just

remember your taxi is metered so however long it takes? You will be paying for a much longer ride than just

from airport to the port.  Are you arriving the day of your cruise?

OK...yea, we arrive at 10:10 so assuming all goes well, we should have plenty of time to get to ship.  Yes assuming all goes as planned!  Thanks for the info

35 minutes ago, isladonna said:

OK...yea, we arrive at 10:10 so assuming all goes well, we should have plenty of time to get to ship.  Yes assuming all goes as planned!  Thanks for the info

There is a Publix and Total Wine off 17th Street at the Harbor Shops...the driver should know it as it near the port.

Just remember, that the meter is running on the cab.

You can order your wine before you leave home and total wine will have it waiting for you to pick it up.  Publix has a nice travel item area for forgotten items. Tj maxx is also next door.  The port does have a manned entrance gate where you will need to show passports and if I remember right ship info. So have that information on your person and not in the cab trunk.  When at the FLL taxi area the person helping with  taxis will ask you to wait until the front  cab in line is a Mini Van. Usually every 4 cab or so. A very short wait. Have a wonderful cruise.

Total Wine on Cordova Road in the Harbor Shoppes has the largest selection of beer, wine, and liquor. If you know what you want prior to your arrival they will pull your order and have it waiting for you. In the same complex there is a large Publix Supermarket that has everything you need for your cruise. Large selection of suntan and sunscreen products. The Harbor Shoppes are right off of 17th Street and only ten minutes away from Port Everglades. Have the taxi stop there before he drops you off at Port Everglades.

3 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

What about from Hollywood Beach?  Any recommendations for that to the port?

What port? Port Everglades or Port Miami? 🤔

Hollywood is sort of in between both. I would focus on Uber or Lyft - too easy and economical compared to taxis and shuttles.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:52 AM, isladonna said:

Most Lyft/Uber XL's should be able to accommodate you. They are designed for 6 passengers so it will be a minivan or SUV which will have room in the back for luggage

On 1/31/2020 at 9:14 AM, Lois R said:

There is a Publix and Total Wine off 17th Street at the Harbor Shops...the driver should know it as it near the port.

Just remember, that the meter is running on the cab.

There are about 7 beer and wine stores at the 17th St entrance. I agree Total Wine is probably the best choice

We just returned from Reflection

We hired Larry's Limo for pick up at FLL airport to Conrad Hotel . Driver was waiting for us at baggage claim.

GREAT, friendly, prompt service!!!! Would highly recommend!

Ordered Champagne,wine & beer from Total Wine( (harbor shops Plaza) it was waiting for us at check in

Easy & convenient!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:15 PM, Chippytoes said:

Can anyone (that has actually used the service), suggest a good, reputable private car/limo service that can service Port Everglades to FLL? Go  has some pretty bad reviews on Google, and of course that's who I thinking about using. Completely aware of Uber/Lyft, but I'm looking for something I can reserve ahead of time and not deal with the masses all trying to get Uber/Lyft. TY! 

When we've had a larger group, we have used Larry's Limos when needing transport from a Fort Lauderdale hotel to Port Everglades.  The cost was split and very little difference of a cab.  I requested a car the first time and ended with a very new limo at no extra cost to us! 

When it's just my husband an me, we have used Lyft to the port.  Never a problem.

• Thanks 1