Addressing complaints

i_luv2go

Could someone direct me as to how to file a complaint from a recent cruise.  I did take my complaints & pictures to guest services while onboard but received no satisfaction.  To me having a dirty cabin along with “hair balls & hair pins” on the cabin floors & dusty bedside lamps & tv stand makes me wonder how clean do they constitute clean.  After 7 days, it should had been taken care of but it was in the same condition the day we disembarked as it was when we embarked. 

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

Back from your cruise and need to speak with someone?

Contact our Guest Care team.

(800) 929-6400

Mon-Fri 8:30am to 6:30pm EST

Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm EST

But probably better done in writing.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Relations

3655 N.W. 87th Ave

Miami, FL 33178

Also Guest Solutions Support:

guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com

Edited by amyotravel
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, i_luv2go said:

Could someone direct me as to how to file a complaint from a recent cruise.  I did take my complaints & pictures to guest services while onboard but received no satisfaction.  To me having a dirty cabin along with “hair balls & hair pins” on the cabin floors & dusty bedside lamps & tv stand makes me wonder how clean do they constitute clean.  After 7 days, it should had been taken care of but it was in the same condition the day we disembarked as it was when we embarked. 

Thanks in advance.

I send an email and always get a return call. 

22 hours ago, i_luv2go said:

Thanks in advance.

Did you talk to your room steward at all?

22 hours ago, i_luv2go said:

Thanks in advance.

Not sure that much can be done at this stage. I would have spoken to the steward and if he didn't rectify the problem then I would have gone to guest services and if that still didn't resolve the issue then I would have gone to the Hotel Director. In a case like this I would like reduce the gratuity amount for the steward. You can email them and hope that the message is passed on to the ship (and as mentioned there is also the post-cruise survey).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Not sure that much can be done at this stage. I would have spoken to the steward and if he didn't rectify the problem then I would have gone to guest services and if that still didn't resolve the issue then I would have gone to the Hotel Director. In a case like this I would like reduce the gratuity amount for the steward. You can email them and hope that the message is passed on to the ship (and as mentioned there is also the post-cruise survey).

Absolutely agree that the time to complain was while onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The poster did go to Guest Services. How much of a cruise should anyone give up waiting in line there? We went 2x and spoke to our steward about an issue on a recent cruise. After that, I gave up. I did not pay with the goal of standing in line at Guest Services. I made my feelings clear in the survey, but I will write Carnival If I don't hear back soon. 

• Like 3

Good luck to all of you but don’t expect much. Possibly not even a civil response.

We recently forgot a coat in the cabin closet when disembarking. I immediately submitted a form with details including cabin number. After two successive emails stating they had not “found” our “lost” item but would keep looking for another week, I tried calling icares team. Could not get past automated response which instructed me to submit a form (which I had done), goodbye!

I then sent an email explaining my frustration when only ship crew would have had access to the cabin, asking for follow up information—such as paper trail of turned in items, communication with ship housekeeping supervisor. I immediately got a return email telling me “there is no further information”

1 hour ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

The poster did go to Guest Services. How much of a cruise should anyone give up waiting in line there? We went 2x and spoke to our steward about an issue on a recent cruise. After that, I gave up. I did not pay with the goal of standing in line at Guest Services. I made my feelings clear in the survey, but I will write Carnival If I don't hear back soon. 

Yes, but there is a whole level of management above Guest Services. Unless the matter is urgent there is no need to stand in line, there are plenty of times where there is no line and there is certainly no line to speak to the Hotel Director, who is available by phone. The fact remains that these types of problems have to be handled onboard because there is nothing that Corporate can do to rectify the problem after the cruise.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, but there is a whole level of management above Guest Services. Unless the matter is urgent there is no need to stand in line, there are plenty of times where there is no line and there is certainly no line to speak to the Hotel Director, who is available by phone. The fact remains that these types of problems have to be handled onboard because there is nothing that Corporate can do to rectify the problem after the cruise.

I didn’t even think of calling the Hotel Director directly. I guess you can always learn something. I know they can’t do anything for me, but I still feel like I was never heard on board. 

Doesn't hurt to complain to Guest Solutions by email. 

I sent a message after our cruise last October that the mini fridge was not working at all during the entire week and I needed to store my insulin.

I ended up using ice in a Yeti cup.

They gave me $100 on board credit on my next booking.

Sorry this happened to you.  I know it’s frustrating.  

Our last cruise in October, my DH was rushing me and I left a $125 pair of shoes in the closet. 

I also filled out the form but just kept getting notices that my shoes were never found.  

This last time was the only time in 20 cruises I didn’t give an extra tip to the cabin steward because he wasn’t that great.  I’ll bet that I’d be getting my shoes back had I given him that extra tip. 😎

I’m going on the same ship in a few weeks. Maybe I’ll mosey down there on the upper deck and ask where in the Sam Hill are my shoes?  🤔

On 1/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, i_luv2go said:

Could someone direct me as to how to file a complaint from a recent cruise.  

Just curious....are you looking for a future OBC to apply to another cruise.    Don't eat the steak and then complain you didn't like it.  You address this issue with the proper chain of command while it is current in everyone's mind.  

On 1/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, i_luv2go said:

To me having a dirty cabin along with “hair balls & hair pins” on the cabin floors

& dusty bedside lamps & TV stand

makes me wonder how clean do they constitute clean.  

After 7 days, it should had been taken care of

but it was in the same condition the day we disembarked

as it was when we embarked.

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. Quite awful.

That strikes me as being quite anomalous, out-of-the-ordinary!

In our fourteen cruises (11 of them on Carnival)

we've also found immaculate housekeeping in our cabins,

both on Carnival ships and the others too!

Somebody in Housekeeping on your section of your deck

fell down badly! Sounds like you had close to zero housekeeping?!

Cabin2314-597.jpg

4 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

Another option is to take your business else where. There are a lot of other cruise lines out there that would welcome you on their ships. My wife and I are at the point where we find Royal more appealing for many reasons, so that is who we have booked our next several cruises on. 

3 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

Just curious....are you looking for a future OBC to apply to another cruise.    Don't eat the steak and then complain you didn't like it.  You address this issue with the proper chain of command while it is current in everyone's mind.  

Seems they tried to return the steak and the kitchen was closed.

You’re being a little presumptuous as some people just want to get problems corrected for the next folk.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I didn’t even think of calling the Hotel Director directly. I guess you can always learn something. I know they can’t do anything for me, but I still feel like I was never heard on board. 

That's one of the benefits of these discussions, even the most experienced of us can learn something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Wonder where the OP is?

Probably moved on to enjoy life without criticism. They asked a question and it was answered in the next post. Some helpful hints in others but mostly, if not outright accusing them of wanting money, negative comments on their lack of knowledge of how aggressive to be while on the ship. Many of us were not raised to escalate problems immediately to the top. 

The older I get, the more likely I am to expect action.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Probably moved on to enjoy life without criticism. They asked a question and it was answered in the next post. Some helpful hints in others but mostly, if not outright accusing them of wanting money, negative comments on their lack of knowledge of how aggressive to be while on the ship. Many of us were not raised to escalate problems immediately to the top. 

The older I get, the more likely I am to expect action.

Looks like a fairly jaundiced view.   A simple thanks would be nice.  When you post open ended generalizations you get questions.  Part of why Cruisecritic works so well.