Move Over Offer?

jeno

I am sailing on the Regal this Sunday.  Yesterday I received a Move Over offer for our balcony if we would move to an inside cabin.  We responded that we would move.  We have not heard back from Princess.  How long does it typically take to hear back and if they offer it, do you usually get the offer? Thanks for information from anyone experienced with Move Over offers. 

Princess returns calls/emails in the order they are received … so it may depend on how many people responded before you and how many cabins they need to move

what kind of offer/compensation did they offer you ? OBC ? another cruise ?

27 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess returns calls/emails in the order they are received … so it may depend on how many people responded before you and how many cabins they need to move

what kind of offer/compensation did they offer you ? OBC ? another cruise ?

Full refund of cruise fare of $1070 pp to refundable OBC. We paid too much for this cruise and it would be nice to get the money back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, voljeep said:

hope you get it then … wonder if Princess is trying to get a 'cheaper' move down from another cabin offered ?

Hadn’t thought of that. Could be. 

Did you respond by calling or via email?  Our's required a call back and it did take all day to hear back.  The sooner you respond, after getting the offer, the more likely it will be that you will get it.  At least you will be going regardless, it's just a matter of knowing which cabin you will be in and printing luggage tags.  Good luck!

Lucky you! You received a “move down“ offer! I received one once and I accepted it.   I moved down from a balcony to an interior.  I received all of my money back in the form of refundable onboard credit. I hope you get a call back. I would like to receive another one someday! 

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Lucky you! You received a “move down“ offer! I received one once and I accepted it.   I moved down from a balcony to an interior.  I received all of my money back in the form of refundable onboard credit. I hope you get a call back. I would like to receive another one someday! 

Just curious if all interiors are the same. I would definitely take the offer if the beds were queen. 

56 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Just curious if all interiors are the same. I would definitely take the offer if the beds were queen. 

Pretty much so ... there are some sideways ones that are configured differently and then there are the accessible ones that are also larger but, for the most part, yes, all the inside cabins are created equally.  

In nearly 99% of the cases, all cabins have two twin sized beds and placed together to make a queen.  There are just a couple of cabins that I know of, I think they are on the very aft of the sides on deck 9 on a couple of ships (maybe more??)  where the beds cannot be combined to make up a queen sized bed.  It's the exception, though, not the rule. 

Of note, it was funny when my sister told me something that my nephews commented on when we cruised with them.  We opened the balcony divider and so they knew they were welcome to come over to our room anytime.  They were kind of complaining after the cruise about the size of their beds and commented on how much bigger our bed was.  hahaha!  We got a good laugh over that one ... they are twin boys and so have shared a womb so why not just ask the room steward to put their beds together.  I still don't think they believed that we had the same size beds as two of theirs pushed  together.  

Got Well, to add insult to injury, the two cabins we are traveling with both got the offer.  They wouldn’t even have known about it except that I told them to look in their email.  We were worried that they would be upset if we moved.  I am really upset.  We responded first and I am Elite (if that matters).  
We were really unhappy with our cruise last week on the Crown.  It was just one thing after another. First time I’ve felt that way about Princess and I was actually sorry I was going on this cruise this week. It will probably be our last.  I am just totally irritated.  Sorry to vent. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jeno said:

Got Well, to add insult to injury, the two cabins we are traveling with both got the offer.  They wouldn’t even have known about it except that I told them to look in their email.  We were worried that they would be upset if we moved.  I am really upset.  We responded first and I am Elite (if that matters).  
We were really unhappy with our cruise last week on the Crown.  It was just one thing after another. First time I’ve felt that way about Princess and I was actually sorry I was going on this cruise this week. It will probably be our last.  I am just totally irritated.  Sorry to vent. 

No apologies necessary.  Under the above circumstance I would probably feel the same way.  We love the Regal and hope you do to!

I wrote them an email telling of my frustration.  Got a very nice reply saying a cabin just opened up and giving us the inside cabin with the same deal originally offered.  I’m very happy with that result.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, camper49 said:

Just have them push the two beds together and make sure you get a cabin that only holds two people. Here are some photos of a sideways, inside cabin. I love them!  When you look at the photo of the door the desk is to your left and the bed is to your right.

2557382A-34C4-455A-8B25-D51D0737450D.jpeg

9B7843E8-C468-4602-9168-65E18FED33C8.jpeg

6AE895A8-3F4E-466C-AAD9-05384F057341.jpeg

18544616-7F4D-41AF-B993-6BE171D95E9D.png

584FE06D-2EEA-49F1-8D02-A228D330AFDD.png

Out of curiosity , did princess send an  the email or called you with the offer? If it was a call, was it a recorded message or a real person? I have never even  been approached but would love an offer. Another great feature of being retired.🥳

12 hours ago, jeno said:

I wrote them an email telling of my frustration.  Got a very nice reply saying a cabin just opened up and giving us the inside cabin with the same deal originally offered.  I’m very happy with that result.  

wooooooooooooooooooo !!!

14 hours ago, jeno said:

Glad it ended well for you but not good that you had to protest the original decision to get it.  They explicitly state that they accept offers in the order of responses so provided that you were in the exact same cabin type as your friends and you didn't miss their original callback, you should have gotten the offer before your friends.  FWIW, when we accepted our moveover, we and our friends both initially responded that as long as we all got it, we would accept the offer.  We were in different cabin types and they accepted.

17 hours ago, jeno said:

Did your friends get the deal?  You say they got the offer, but it was not clear if they were accepted.

Yes, my friends (two cabins) were accepted and we were not.  We had the same cabins, all adjoining.  We all received an email.  I answered first, another shortly after and one about 90 minutes later.  None of them would even have read the email if it wasn’t for me calling them and explaining.  We could only answer by email. No phone number given.  It really started to eat at me. Finally decided to write and tell them how I felt and that because I replied first I didn’t feel it was fair (said it a little better than that )🤪.   It took about an hour until I got the reply that they understood my frustration and the person had talked to the supervisor about my situation.  Suddenly there was a cancellation and they gave me the deal.  At the end of my email I did say that if another cabin became available, we’d appreciate being considered for it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1