Splendor! The Pre-Christening Inaugural Transatlantic Cruise! A LIVE Joint Blog!

Mr Rumor

Thinking of you all this morning!   Enjoy every minute!

From what I can see she is moored near the entrance to the port - off the huge roundabout and not far from the bottom of la Rambla...  great location and really easy and quick to get to.

Gerry

Edited by Hambagahle
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Thinking of you all this morning!   Enjoy every minute!

From what I can see she is moored near the entrance to the port - off the huge roundabout and not far from the bottom of la Rambla...  great location and really easy and quick to get to.

Gerry

Thanks, Gerry!  Ginny is calmly making an origani butterfly in our room while I sit next to her  with a case of the butterflies.  Very excited at the moment—our ride will be here in under an hour!

2 minutes ago, Mr Rumor said:

Thanks, Gerry!  Ginny is calmly making an origani butterfly in our room while I sit next to her  with a case of the butterflies.  Very excited at the moment—our ride will be here in under an hour!

2 minutes ago, Mr Rumor said:

Rich - you are going to get there awfully early...if boarding is at 12 which I assume it is.  It probably won't take your taxi more than 10mns to get from the hotel to the ship.  And as I think I remember from previous times in BCN where the Splendor is moored doesn't have the facilities that the moorings further out in the harbour do.  Don't catch a cold before you start!!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Rumour and Ginny and all the joint bloggers feeling very excited for you all having your first glimpse of the ship as you approach the port. 
As Gerry says above you are right at the entrance area by looks of things giving you a great view as you arrive.

Enjoy boarding and the lovely new ship feeling as you explore. 
Have a wonderful cruise.   Jean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, forgap said:

We have been waiting all morning for your post!  Put down the bubbly and start reporting, please!  

I’ve been itching to post all afternoon, but no internet while the RF (Radio Frequency) tech was doing some fix-it work.  Finally got online about a half hour ago!

• Like 4

Yippppeeee!   I hope you all have a fantastic cruise. We are excited to join the ship in Miami in a few weeks. Can’t wait to hear the reports.   Thank you all for blogging. I will pick up the torch from Miami.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusin7 said:

Yippppeeee!   I hope you all have a fantastic cruise. We are excited to join the ship in Miami in a few weeks. Can’t wait to hear the reports.   Thank you all for blogging. I will pick up the torch from Miami.   

Are you on the Miami to San Diego cruise?  Hopefully yes.  And will look forward to hearing from you.  We (Ken and I and 51 others...) are on the San Diego to Miami return cruise via the canal.  

The Splendor is indeed splendid.  I will leave most photos to Mr Rumor, but what a great first day.  Lighter colours, wider spaces, amazing main staircase, the most amazing staff and crew (as always) xxx    OMG too much to mention!!  
CEO Jason is on for four days, so personable.  Captain Serena is everywhere for everyone 💕 Sea day tomorrow and Meet & Mingle @ 11 am.  Super!!!  Let’s hope internet is good for us to share with you 🤞🏻 

0AC773DE-5D42-46DF-80BB-80B0B1CB4D9D.jpeg

FE02DD2F-3725-4537-AB8C-D25C3ED7B58C.jpeg

87BBB7CE-2D62-44D5-9ECE-0E0884D15D86.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, JAG2003 said:

The Splendor is indeed splendid.  I will leave most photos to Mr Rumor, but what a great first day.  Lighter colours, wider spaces, amazing main staircase, the most amazing staff and crew (as always) xxx    OMG too much to mention!!  

You can say that again, Diamond Lil!  But give us a little time—we’ll get to as much as possible!

For now (since it’s already early Friday), I just want to give kudos to the terrific Kasia and Boogie, who have been delighting Regent audiences for a decade.  The Polish duo began their six-month Splendor Lounge residency by packing the lounge, and then the dance floor, tonight with their irresistible mix of “Get the Party Started” pop, rock and boogie.  That’s no small feat for the first night of a cruise!  For those of you who are Splendor bound before July 4, you will love K&B, if you aren’t already fans!

E5C2E23B-F4AF-4E5F-96F9-2837FD65888B.thumb.jpeg.75a5350e00227a5962d108f69c4ae002.jpeg

Edited by Mr Rumor
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JAG2003 said:

CEO Jason is on for four days, so personable.  Captain Serena is everywhere for everyone 💕 Sea day tomorrow and Meet & Mingle @ 11 am.  Super!!!  Let’s hope internet is good for us to share with you 🤞🏻 

0AC773DE-5D42-46DF-80BB-80B0B1CB4D9D.jpeg

FE02DD2F-3725-4537-AB8C-D25C3ED7B58C.jpeg

87BBB7CE-2D62-44D5-9ECE-0E0884D15D86.jpeg

That sounds like a wonderful dinner.  Hope you enjoy.  

• Like 1

It's been an interesting few hours on the cruise ship.  It is indeed beautiful, with Regent paying attention to the finer decorative touches.  I've never seen a welcoming committee as impressive as we received yesterday.  Everything was wonderful.  I heard that there are some corporate people on the ship, besides the CEO.  One of the reasons I went on this cruise was to see how Regent handles it's mistakes, as there will be mistakes on anything the first time it is done.  I went to do laundry yesterday and there was no laundry soap dispenser.  I was very impressed with how Regent staff handled this, immediately getting me some soap and apologizing for it not being installed.  Mistake one was handled very professionally and quickly.  This is what I expect from a top notch cruise line.  There are a few other things going on with the ship, which I believe are mistakes, and I'm going to try to get them resolved on the ship either by the GM or by the CEO before posting them.  In the meantime, I will keep an eye out for the laundry soap in case someone reading this is on the next cruise.  Also, if you use bounce sheets in your dryer, please remember to bring them.  We usually bring our own but forgot them on this trip.

• Like 1

The first day of our Great Adventure wasn't an adventure - "just" a wonderful day on a BEAUTIFUL ship! I'm up at 7 AM on the 7th and hardly any passengers about; we partied to the wee hours.

I expected the Splendor as the younger sister of a close friend (the Explorer is our favorite ship). I walked the ship for several hours and my first impression is that she's a beautiful cousin. Many changes and I think all for the good; Splendor is  her own ship and not a clone of the Explorer.  I'll detail the aspects that posters have asked about in the next 2 weeks and with the help of Mr. Rumor provide photos. 

Ate in Chartreuse last night at a table for 6. Many familiar Crew on board. Service was superb. Tip: the vegetarian plate (focus of white asperegus) was the best that I have had anywhere!

I'm now off to start my Mensa Daily Quiz - as usual: 3 easy, 1 tough, and 1 very difficult. Social Hostess is Nicola. Trivia is in the Observation Lounge which is "wider" and more open than on Explorer. It'll be interesting how the different seating arrangement works for Trivia

• Like 2