Cruise Critic Community
Host Jazzbeau

Cancellation Refunds – Post Your Experience

1 hour ago, O2B@Cagain said:

We were booked on the Star Pride TA March 30. We waited for them to cancel, knowing that they would. We just got our refund- 100% for money paid to Windstar- deposit, fare, and one excursion. I'd rather be on the ship...😥

Thanks... I don't know what happened here, but hopefully it get's resolved soon.  We were booked on the Wind Surf TA, scheduled to depart on 4/4.

More information on the missing $1700 from Windstar.  My TA contacted them and they agreed that I was correct and that they didn't refund the correct amount.  They blamed it on a computer glitch and said that I'd get the balance in 14 days.  I wonder if they would have caught it if I had not noticed their error.  I urge everyone to double check the amounts received vs what they paid.

Not quite cancellations, but close.

Feedback from our TA was that it would take "about a month" for the FCC to be issued.  It's May 8th and nothing yet.

RemPuck

Update: per my TA, Windstar is now saying FCCs are taking about 10 weeks from the time of cancellation. Our trip was cancelled on April 1st... we’re looking at mid June for the first FCC.

I don’t want to think about time to an actual refund if we ask for it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My TA is giving me what I consider to be a meager amount cruise credit ($100) on a cruise that is meager overall. It's a 17 day hugely discounted. I know that Windstar is also meager on giving travel agents commissions and for many years my agent has been wonderful. I can do much better at a big box store with Windstar. With the way things are in the world having a personal agent to fight for you when things go wrong makes all the difference in the world. This thread is reminding me of that.

Our  June 9th cruise  from Puerto Vallarta to San Diego was cancelled  a couple of  months ago. Still have not received a refund . We decided with the cruise industry in uncharted waters to go for the refund instead of the FCC in case Windstar goes bankrupt.

I hope Windstar makes it thru this as they are a good  cruising experience..At the right time and the covid 19 situation gets under control we will book again at that time  .

On 5/12/2020 at 6:22 PM, RemPuck said:

Update: per my TA, Windstar is now saying FCCs are taking about 10 weeks from the time of cancellation. Our trip was cancelled on April 1st... we’re looking at mid June for the first FCC.

I don’t want to think about time to an actual refund if we ask for it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually received our FCC certificates today (4 June).

Timeline:

Cruise scheduled for 2 August.

Cruise cancelled by Windstar 1 April (just before the penalty phase kicked in)

FCC received 4 June (about 65 days)

Per the FCC notice, if we request a refund, it will be processed in 4-6 weeks from the point it's received.  We're still debating.

On one hand, many other lines are quoting "up to 90 days" to get a refund, so the 4-6 weeks seems like a good deal.  However, it took us more than 60 days to get to the point of being eligible to request a refund; another 30-40 days to actually see the money is just like everyone else.

Good Luck Rempuck getting a refund from Windstar in 4-6 weeks if that is what you decide.  Mine has been 9 weeks and still has not come. My TA contacted them and said it is still being processed .

We cancelled our 2021 January Windstar cruise and received the refund for the deposit less the $50.00PP cancellation penalty within a few weeks.  They did put the cancellation penalty into a FCC which was nice.  

Since then, they have cancelled the cruise but they will not refund the cancellation penalty.  They indicated that it will only be held as an FCC.  

Still have not received my refund from Windstar after a couple of months  .. They are taking their sweet time obviously. I hope others are having better luck than me. 

This should be a lesson to folks planning on paying for a cruise at this point ahead of time given COV19 ..