Have you used a PrideGo Go folding mobility scooter?

mlbcruiser

Do you use a Pride Go Go Folding mobility scooter? I am thinking of getting one for my husband. I have read various reviews of all kinds of brands of folding, lightweight mobility scooters so I have some idea of what’s out there but this seems to be the one that looks like it might be the best option for us on several fronts.   Also, if anyone reading this has a foldable lightweight travel scooter and uses lithium batteries, do you ever find the crew on your flight is willing to store the scooter in the plane’s cabin or do they always take it from you when you reach the gate (or jetway) and then put it into the cargo area?

Thanksfor any replies.

10 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

Do you use a Pride Go Go Folding mobility scooter? I am thinking of getting one for my husband. I have read various reviews of all kinds of brands of folding, lightweight mobility scooters so I have some idea of what’s out there but this seems to be the one that looks like it might be the best option for us on several fronts.   Also, if anyone reading this has a foldable lightweight travel scooter and uses lithium batteries, do you ever find the crew on your flight is willing to store the scooter in the plane’s cabin or do they always take it from you when you reach the gate (or jetway) and then put it into the cargo area?

Thanksfor any replies.

Scooters are never placed in the cabin.  Not even possible.  As far as batteries, you will need to have the batteries and wheelchair put on the ticket and do so as soon as you get the ticket.  They will ask you about the battery, and you can give them all the info.  Most of the time, the lithium battery, if removeable will need to be carried into the cabin with you.  The only airlines that I used to date was Japan Airlines JAL that required the battery to be checked with the scooter.  We have checked the scooter at the ticket counter and also at the gate.  Depending on the airlines, you may not have an option.  (you should always get more than one no, before giving up).

Interesting because I've come across at least one post where someone said they had taken their small folding scooter onto the plane. I have no experience with it myself, so just took their word for it.  in the cabin. Since most mention giving it up on the jetway, I wondered, hence the question.  Interestingly, I was just at a local mobility scooter store that told me they stopped carrying fold up scooters because customers said they didn't hold up well. Too light to be sturdy. He only mentioned 2 brands but both are popular and mentioned on these boards. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by mlbcruiser

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 2:37 PM, mlbcruiser said:

Interesting because I've come across at least one post where someone said they had taken their small folding scooter onto the plane. I have no experience with it myself, so just took their word for it.  in the cabin. Since most mention giving it up on the jetway, I wondered, hence the question.  Interestingly, I was just at a local mobility scooter store that told me they stopped carrying fold up scooters because customers said they didn't hold up well. Too light to be sturdy. He only mentioned 2 brands but both are popular and mentioned on these boards. Hmmmmmmm.

Thanks for your input.

There are several reasons to buy a fold up scooter.  First, they are sturdy and made with metal parts.  But they are not as sturdy as say a full mobility scooter.  Second, when traveling, you need to be able to transition in many modes of transportation, including taxi(uber), busses, trams, subways, etc.  If you use a bigger scooter, you limit yourself.  If you travel with someone, usually they can easily handle a folding scooter easy for putting it into taxi's etc or helping with tour busses (putting it in the lower hold) etc.  So, decisions are made based on ease of use, vs comfort.  No way am I going to lug around a 4 battery, 150 lb scooter on an international trip, when I can have a 60lb unit, that folds up, and does not get in the way.  We use a Tzora scooter, and it works great for travel. (We have a big scooter at home, but never travel with it!)

The reason I can’t use those folding scooters is because the seat cannot move.  I can’t use my legs to climb over the base and onto the seat, so I need a scooter with a seat that swivels.  So, if anyone is considering those lightweight scooters, but have severe mobility problems with full leg movement, the lightweight scooters might not be for you.