shipboard account

snag

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has used another method for their account other than a credit or debit card? Both mine were stolen last thursday and the new ones haven't arrived yet and we leave on sunday? HELP!!!!  Snag

My card was "compromised" last week. Within minutes of contacting my credit card company I had a new number and the old one was no longer valid. Just contact the company and Princess to take care of the issue. Stressful yes. Disaster, no. The credit card company can give you the new number even though the card hasn't arrived. Been there, done that. Take a deep breath and call the folks involved. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

It is not good service from your bank not to issue a new card before you leave. Is it possible to get a virtual card issued (eg westpac)? If not you can use a prepaid card for on line check in and arrange cash payment on board.

Edited by andlep

54 minutes ago, andlep said:

It is not good service from your bank not to issue a new card before you leave. Is it possible to get a virtual card issued (eg westpac)? If not you can use a prepaid card for on line check in and arrange cash payment on board.

Mine were hacked about two weeks ago and the bank cancelled them. It took about 6 business days to receive the new ones by post. In your case I'd probably get a prepaid travel card from Aust Post and load it up with funds. As for the ship though I'd also take some cash and pay it over the Customer desk as soon as you get on so you don't have to risk losing it. Another option is see if your bank can issue a Travel Money Card at a branch and get it activated.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

My card was "compromised" last week. Within minutes of contacting my credit card company I had a new number and the old one was no longer valid. Just contact the company and Princess to take care of the issue. Stressful yes. Disaster, no. The credit card company can give you the new number even though the card hasn't arrived. Been there, done that. Take a deep breath and call the folks involved. Enjoy your cruise.

That is great service Thrak....but in Australia I hadn't heard of this. Mine were compromised about two weeks ago and I had to wait about 6 business days for new ones to arrive.

Too late for this info now ... but, while most banks don’t automatically offer to send you new cards with an “overnight” service, mine always does if I ask for it to be sent that way. They’ll tell you you’ll have it in “a week to 10 days” in regular mail unless you request a different service.  And, they’ve never charged for this expedited delivery.

Edited by BigGuy25

The op is from Australia;  they may or may not be able to get a credit card from a US company in a day.  If the banks there have amex or visa; or whatever, then they should be able to get one quickly.

11 hours ago, snag said:

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has used another method for their account other than a credit or debit card? Both mine were stolen last thursday and the new ones haven't arrived yet and we leave on sunday? HELP!!!!  Snag

Same here. I had one of the card companies rush it to me. 2 day. No carge. Anyhow. You should have received the card number, expiration date and the sec code from both. You an use those without the actual card. I changed all my charge info on the cruise line website to update that info.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Same here. I had one of the card companies rush it to me. 2 day. No carge. Anyhow. You should have received the card number, expiration date and the sec code from both. You an use those without the actual card. I changed all my charge info on the cruise line website to update that info.

Exactly. I didn't get the card immediately but did have a new number, expiration date, and security code right away. I had to change a bunch of automagic payments online to reflect the change. Actually, I gave all of them virtual numbers. Capital One allows me to have a different number and info for each merchant if I want and none of them have the real number or info. For example, when I book cruises with Princess the number I use is only valid for Princess Cruises and, while it is linked to my "real" credit, card the number, expiration date, and security code were generated for the one specific merchant.

15 hours ago, snag said:

There is always cash. They do accept that.

15 hours ago, snag said:

They usually offer an overnight option.

I have use that at no cost.

Perhaps not a direct answer to your question as you will normally need to submit your credit card during boarding, but...

We once had a card declined during a cruise (forgot to tell bank we were travelling).  Princess Purser's office onboard had us sign a promissory note stating we will pay our cruise balance within a week after the cruise.   They are equipped with means to handle the cases where credit cards are invalidated.

13 hours ago, Times Prince said:

Perhaps not a direct answer to your question as you will normally need to submit your credit card during boarding, but...

We once had a card declined during a cruise (forgot to tell bank we were travelling).  Princess Purser's office onboard had us sign a promissory note stating we will pay our cruise balance within a week after the cruise.   They are equipped with means to handle the cases where credit cards are invalidated.

same thing happen to us. I just gave them a different card.

Call your credit card companies...explain the situation, and have them EXPEDITE those cards!  Or, use cash.....those are your options.  If you booked your cruise on the stolen credit card those charges are fine.  You can use cash for your onboard expenses.