celebrity stole my room...but turned out even better

luckyinpa

i'm new to X. began researching only 2 weeks ago and i'm crazy about details so i dont just book willy nilly. i research every aspect of the ship and cabins. missed the sale last week but yesterday saw verandas were almost down to nothing for my bermuda trip on summit and emailed my TA to hold one. in that short time he said N/A but i held another one for me instead, and even the other ones a deck down all disappeared at once. weird! still i really wanted that location. today i watched the cabins many times every hour. finally one popped up where i wanted. called him and he got it

i got my confirmation booking. all is well. 

then after lunch today, i saw prices dropped. i emailed him and he got me 4th perk free instead of just the 3 from yesterday. but at his discount price. obviously i'm happy. good location. all the perks back and only penalized 235 for waiting a week to book. i can live with it. 

then a little while later, he calls me and says celebrity wants that cabin back. someone else was doing a cancel and rebook and i got it in that time it took that they did not follow through and rebook it. talk about crazy luck!.  i thought he was gonna tell me i have no cabin since i knew the one i just released got snagged up right away.  but he said they will give me CC and turns out it has an angled balcony (unsure if that was their intent or not). he ran thru the list of perks because i really didnt ever research CC because it was out of my price range and i said well, at same price id be a fool not to take it. so i got it and got confirmation! this is $800 more on my trip so it's a sweet deal and i cannot believe the luck i've had. i do wonder what if i did say no i wont give up that other cabin? or why they didnt just give it to the other person? not complaining! just curious. 

lets hope no more hiccups. dont think i can take it 🛳️

• Like 3