Cruise Critic News: Holland America Line Opens Bookings for Ryndam Cruises

LauraS

• Administrators

(4:15 p.m. EST) -- Bookings have opened for Holland America's new Ryndam cruise ship, currently under construction at Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard in Italy and set to join the fleet in May 2021. Ryndam is the third vessel in the line's Pinnacle Class and a sister ship to the line's Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. The "Premier ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
de0NkPZeO80

View the full article

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, richwmn said:

booked the inaugural 60 days ago, as did several others.

Way to go Rich! Good job!!I am excited for you! I remember when we did the inaugural on The Nieuw Amsterdam in 2010! OMGOSH it was fabulous exciting and new! Have an awesome time! And I get to be the first to say Happy SAILAWAY 

and a Bon Voyage.

Denise😊

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I don’t understand this.  Feel free to correct me,  because maybe I don’t understand———-?!?

#1.  HAL still has 2 ships out there—one ship with multiple people who are quite ill and that ship is going to some unnamed port which will accept the ship.  Another ship aiding first ship, that might have some of the first ship’s passengers going to ??Definitely a puzzler.

#2.  HAL isn’t doing such a great job of getting refunds processed.

#3.  Wonderful new ship is being built in a country that has been devastated by this pandemic virus.  Who know if it will even be completed by said sailing date?

I see so many flaws in this plan, because HAL has their plate very full right now.  Why add to the confusion at this point?

• Like 5

The order for this new build was done years ago, and huge sums of money have been deposited.  Do you expect HAL to tell the shipyard to just pack it in and forget it, and keep the deposit ?   Maybe sell the unfinished hull to some other company?   No, they must press forward, finish the ship as close to schedule as possible.   There's no way they can walk away from such a huge investment now.  

35 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I totally understand the business aspect of this,.   But am sorry, I feel that NOW is not the proper time to be takings bookings on a ship not even in the water yet.

Do you realize this thread was started before most of were even aware of the word 'coronavirus'? 

• Like 3

On 1/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, LauraS said:

(4:15 p.m. EST) -- Bookings have opened for Holland America's new Ryndam cruise ship, currently under construction at Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard in Italy and set to join the fleet in May 2021. Ryndam is the third vessel in the line's Pinnacle Class and a sister ship to the line's Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. The "Premier ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs

de0NkPZeO80

View the full article

Thank You for the information!

FWIW - I was curious what Fincantieri was saying about Ryndam.  Their statement said that while current work is on hold at all their shipyards, when work does resume, they'll work through their summer holidays to try to get back on schedule.  I'm booked on one of the early Ryndam sailings next summer... hoping it doesn't get canceled.  

1 hour ago, DWAliaschief said:

We'll see you there (fingers crossed)!

Great!  Keeping our eyes on the future and our fingers crossed gives us hope for better days!

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I'd like to join you!  Time will tell.

Hope you can!